Turbobricks Forums

Turbobricks Forums (https://forums.tbforums.com/index.php)
-   maintenance & nonperformance (https://forums.tbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   K-jet.org website down - collecting info to move to alternate web address. (https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=331967)

zimmerdale 04-19-2017 12:09 AM

K-jet.org website down - collecting info to move to alternate web address.
 
Hopefully it's just a temporary issue, but http://www.k-jet.org/ is down.

If anyone knows who runs it, please let them know. My research has hit a wall until they get it back up!

Thanks,
Jason

centason 04-19-2017 01:19 AM

Sadly it will not be back. Big blow to the community. http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpo...7&postcount=52

stiligFox 04-19-2017 01:55 AM

Nooooo ~ such an invaluable source of information :(

I hope the best for his future endevours...

mocambique-amazone 04-19-2017 06:26 AM

Too sad. And I understand him. You spend a lot of time AND money to have a site like this. And no more profit and help than: "you are a good guy"
Happy live in the future "fivealive"
Good luck wathever you do, cheers Kay
And a BIG THANK YOU for k-jets.org in the past

oldschoolvolvo 04-19-2017 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centason (Post 5597368)
Sadly it will not be back. Big blow to the community. http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpo...7&postcount=52

Wow, didn't realize this....that site has been a major help to me.

Best of luck and thank you!

JW240 04-19-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschoolvolvo (Post 5597401)
Wow, didn't realize this....that site has been a major help to me.

Best of luck and thank you!

+1!!

Sad to see him+site go!

240Pete 04-19-2017 09:07 AM

I'm in for some donating if it's just a money issue. I'm sure most of us here would kick in too. Or can we buy the content and host it here? I'm serious about this.

240240 04-19-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240Pete (Post 5597439)
I'm in for some donating if it's just a money issue. I'm sure most of us here would kick in too. Or can we buy the content and host it here? I'm serious about this.

With link at top.

Srsly that page is worth saving and keeping somewhere on tb.

Fundraising drive time to buy?

PCH 04-19-2017 12:03 PM

I read about the plan to end it but hoped it would last until the end of the month. It was a great site. Thank you to the person who ran it.

MDVLN 04-19-2017 12:11 PM

Sad day.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 240240 (Post 5597449)
Fundraising drive time to buy?

I could get behind that; It'd be nice to at least have the info archived somewhere.

hiperfauto 04-19-2017 12:26 PM

I've referred people to the site many times, it's a shame the links won't work anymore. It was an invaluable resource that will be sorely missed. Thanks for keeping the site up for so long.

FYI, the content can still be accessed through the Wayback Machine internet archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/201603061....k-jet.org:80/

zimmerdale 04-19-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiperfauto (Post 5597562)
FYI, the content can still be accessed through the Wayback Machine internet archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/201603061....k-jet.org:80/

Good call! In my panic, I completely forgot about the Internet archive. Whew!

lummert 04-19-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiperfauto (Post 5597562)
I've referred people to the site many times, it's a shame the links won't work anymore. It was an invaluable resource that will be sorely missed. Thanks for keeping the site up for so long.

FYI, the content can still be accessed through the Wayback Machine internet archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/201603061....k-jet.org:80/

Thanks for this link.

240Pete 04-19-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiperfauto (Post 5597562)
I've referred people to the site many times, it's a shame the links won't work anymore. It was an invaluable resource that will be sorely missed. Thanks for keeping the site up for so long.

FYI, the content can still be accessed through the Wayback Machine internet archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/201603061....k-jet.org:80/

Totally excellent! Mods can we sticky this link somewhere on the Front page? Also, some sort of public acknowledgement to whomever is/was behind the K-jet site. Would love to tip a glass in their honor.

buzz 04-20-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240Pete (Post 5597605)
Totally excellent! Mods can we sticky this link somewhere on the Front page?

Stuck.

Steve Beswick 04-20-2017 10:49 PM

I keep getting something like "sorry, that URL has Ben excluded from the way back machine".

stiligFox 04-20-2017 10:53 PM

Noooo, looks like it was requested to be removed :C

centason 04-20-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiligFox (Post 5598536)
Noooo, looks like it was requested to be removed :C

:nod: Sucks. Volvowiringdiagrams.

Maximusfrisbee 04-23-2017 08:31 PM

Wow... okay. Where's the GoFundME?

Jake_NZ 04-24-2017 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDVLN (Post 5597556)
Sad day.

I could get behind that; It'd be nice to at least have the info archived somewhere.


Please - K-Jet.org was the site that really brought me to Volvo's, being such a wealth of information as well as being nicely formatted.

FreeEMSFred 04-24-2017 05:11 AM

Happy to host it if you guys can get the stuff and control of the DNS records. Just PM me if you can get hold of fivealive and convince him to hand it over to a new generation of TBers.

zimmerdale 04-24-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeEMSFred (Post 5600129)
Happy to host it if you guys can get the stuff and control of the DNS records. Just PM me if you can get hold of fivealive and convince him to hand it over to a new generation of TBers.

I contacted fivealive the same day I started this thread. I offered to buy or coordinate the buying of the contents of K-jet.org. I haven't gotten any response. I don't know what his motivations are, but I'd be willing to chip in money as well. Blocking the site from the Internet Archive doesn't seem to me like a sign of good intentions.

gsellstr 04-24-2017 02:37 PM

There's always a possibility he got a C&D for them as well, dunno. That would explain him pulling them.

Broke4speed 04-24-2017 03:20 PM

Pure dickhole move, having it pulled down from the Internet Archive.

oldschoolvolvo 04-24-2017 03:23 PM

Not if he got a cease & desist order as Gary stated. :e-shrug:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.