• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vince's '75 242GL Turbo

TerribleOne

ZoomZoom
300+ Club
1240515_10201337877501717_343746511_n.jpg

What the hell engine goin in this? Some sort of v8 right? I got a 2.90 gear set for that 9" if your interested.

Nice firewall

Mazda 2.3 turbo. I need about a 4.80 gear lol

Yeah, the firewall is moved back 5" if I wanna swap in a bigger motor and not have it hanging over the front wheels.

Please tell me you are keeping the real taillight setup. That's the best thing about the 75. Looks like a 140 with the 240 goodies....I'm restoring a 75 244. I'll keep a close eye on this build....

How big is a big motor????5 inches:omg:

Please tell me you are keeping the real taillight setup. That's the best thing about the 75. Looks like a 140 with the 240 goodies....I'm restoring a 75 244. I'll keep a close eye on this build....

How big is a big motor????5 inches:omg:

I dont plan on doing any body work to the car, I'm gonna leave the rusty paint just the way it is, the paint code is Andes Copper Metallic which is my favorite.

B6304, do it.

2JZ-GTE!
The Volvo motor just doesn't make good sense to me when I can buy a stock 2j, put new rings and bearings in it, and push 600+ hp all day on stock rods and pistons.. Screw a whiteblock, yes I know that sounds racist.

As the value of 240's start to go up these minority engine swaps won't make financial sense anymore. That's when the whiteblocks will move in and gradually take over.

I was out @ Vince's yesterday grabbing some parts. He's still plugging away on this build, while simultaneously putting his sedan back together, working on his customers' cars AND working for a professional race team on their car. It's all gonna be awesome. :zeeall:

Back