• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EU8.0 - Official thread

Which weeks are open for the EU8.0 meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbosteen

I was born at a young age
Since the EU7.0 thread is bumped for this years meet I guess we will start with planning EU8.0.

As we all know, the main goal is to visit the N?rburgring (Nordschleife) again.

Although it is nice to see if there are other activities that can be planned, we know from previous years that going to the Ring, driving, chatting etc. will take almost an entire day already.. but don't hesitate to come up with suggestions! (it is a good idea to have a back-up plan if we encounter a closed track like a few months ago).

A poll is made so that we can see which weeks in the summer of 2013 that we can do this in.
I personally like to have the meet in the 3rd or 4th week of July, possibly first week of August.

The poll is of course multiple choice type so that you can select all the weeks that you might be available.

Date is set: August 4th (sunday)

I will at least try to make some nice video footage of the trip this time, I have a new camera and mount so that could be fun.

GO!

Attending:
- Me
- JW240
- volvo 78244
- ZwerverRoodbaard
- Leon (760Turbo83)
- mrborieeeeeee?
- klr142?
- janspeed?
- leon_pp?
- Fivehundred?

Last edited:
vote

I have made my vote, like Philip last 2 weeks of july and first week of august but if it's on a sunday like almost every time I guess, any week will do. I don't plan so far up front.
I also bought a small sportscam for on-dash filming, gonna try it out first.

No plans have been made for preparation since I like my present set up.

Hope to see some new faces too, and all the others of course. Something to look out for :-)

I'm in Europe between July 30th and August 5th, most likely. I have a wedding near Eichstaett on the 3rd and won't really be available that weekend, but am hoping to rent a car at the Nuerburgring on the 31st during their track day. I just need another person to split the day with, and am currently working on getting my brother to do it! :)

I'll do that too. I'll be free from work in the first two weeks of July so that would be the best option for me. I really wanna go, last year was freakin' awesome!

I went on the internet and found this:
"Nordschleife Pur" at 28.07.2013
120 Minuten Nordschleife "erfahren" exklusiv f?r Classic Fahrzeuge, costs €100,-
Unter dem Motto "Nordschleife pur" bietet der MSC Adenau bereits zum elften Mal Oldtimerbesitzern die M?glichkeit exklusiv die N?rburgring Nordschleife zu befahren.
http://www.mscadenau.de/index7.php?id=intern_classic_pur

Angeboten wird das "Erlebnis Nordschleife" f?r alle Besitzer von Fahrzeugen der Baujahre bis Baujahr 1988. Egal ob sie mit H-Kennzeichen oder Roter 07er Nummer unterwegs sind - das Erlebnis Gr?ne H?lle sollten Sie nicht vers?umen. Keine Gleichm??igkeit, kein Rennen einfach nur geniesen. Bei uns gibt es keine gef?hrten Runden jeder kann innerhalb der ?ffnungszeit der Strecken soviel Runden fahren wie er m?chte. Auch ist es m?glich die Strecke zu verlassen um Fahrerwechsel durchzuf?hren oder sich und dem Oldi eine Pause zu g?nnen.
Mmmmz, starts at 8:00 in the morning.

Last edited:
I think I am 80% sure I am going to rent either a BRZ or a Scirocco for this track day event... But, it would be AWESOME to share it with someone to split up the costs a little bit. Not necessarily half and half, but at least a partial split. My brother may be able to go, but if not, would any of you guys be able or interested?

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/info/track-days/july-31st-trackdays.de-nordschleife-trackday.html

I can't, not really the $$ for it and the driving skills to get the most out of it. Janspeed should do this:-D

Judging by how busy I am, I'll be happy if I even manage to bring my own car.

Bit to pricey for me as well. And i might have a bike by then. I will bring that for some ring-fun.

And i might have a bike by then. I will bring that for some ring-fun.

38549172.jpg

Not a lot of votes, but I suggest we follow the current outcome?

That would mean 3rd (saturday) or 4th (sunday) of August?

I might be up for that,. gonna check with friends.

Back