• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What (e-bay) Catch Can to get?

I will tell you this out of experience. The little red and black cans suck ASS!!

• They are small (a little bigger that two cans of pop stacked on each other).
• The openings in/out are too close to each other (defeating the purpose of a catch can).
• All the hardware is cheap and the tube they supply is about a foot long.
• They also ding you on the shipping (about20 bucks to Canada).

I ordered one and now I am making my own. Go to your local hardware store and you could get all the parts you need yourself. Then head to a metal supermarket and get some sheets of metal and weld them together with the shape that you want. Easy and cheap.

I will tell you this out of experience. The little red and black cans suck ASS!!

? They are small (a little bigger that two cans of pop stacked on each other).
? The openings in/out are too close to each other (defeating the purpose of a catch can).
? All the hardware is cheap and the tube they supply is about a foot long.
? They also ding you on the shipping (about20 bucks to Canada).

I ordered one and now I am making my own. Go to your local hardware store and you could get all the parts you need yourself. Then head to a metal supermarket and get some sheets of metal and weld them together with the shape that you want. Easy and cheap.

Hmm always good to ask, really that bad huh, too bad i kinda liked the red ones but now ill stay away from them

Get a piece of 2" or 3" black ABS pipe, 2 caps and 2 90 degree 5/8" nipple to whatever thread size, about 6' of 5/8" heater hose, steel wool = @ $10-15. Put in the steel wool, cap the ABS pipe. Drill 2 holes on the top to fit in the 90 degree fittings, run your heater hose put some band clamps on to secure it. DONE. Put mine in front of the air box and it is hardly noticable.

Make one yourself like this.
20mm hose from crank to catchcan
20mm hose from valvecover to catchcan
35mm filter onto catchcan

O yea, it's swedish ;)

volvo_pv_pic05_hood_off.jpg

I end up winning a GReddy one.. was a bit more then the others but i like the looks..

"It's the super-light aluminum 15mm, 1000cc. Greddy Part# 13500515. It will fit any car."

I have read that the crankcase ventilation needs the vacuum to pull out the pressure?

Is this true?

eg. might a catch-can give you problems with leaky seals?
Or is it an urban myth?

Back