• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shifter quality check

Bumping this up.
I bought one just to see how how it would work. After a few modifications and tweaks, it works great. The shifts are shorter throw, and more precise. The downside is that it brings out the flaws in the rest of the trans (internal slop and the shifter cage mounts). I think it could also be modified to have even shorter shift throws, still a little long for my liking.

It's a straight lever, so it will be super far forward unless you heat the shifter and bend it to match stock. I went for the heat and bend approach.
The brass/bronze bushings are nice, and installed easily. I would recommend opening up the ID or adding a larger chamfer to the ones on the ball... When going into 5th it binds just a little as the shifter shaft hits the edge of the bushing.
The blue reverse lockout handle has bushings inside to ride on the shift lever, they are oversized so it rattles which is annoying. The OD is also smaller than the opening in the stock shifter boot. I did a couple of wraps of Gorilla tape to increase the OD and seal the shifter boot. The plan is to machine a new handle out of Delrin/Acetal which wall have a tighter fit on the shifter shaft and a larger OD in the middle to seal the shifter boot better.

Looks just like the Sellholm on that's $225 before shipping.

Bumping this up.
I bought one just to see how how it would work. After a few modifications and tweaks, it works great. The shifts are shorter throw, and more precise. The downside is that it brings out the flaws in the rest of the trans (internal slop and the shifter cage mounts). I think it could also be modified to have even shorter shift throws, still a little long for my liking.

It's a straight lever, so it will be super far forward unless you heat the shifter and bend it to match stock. I went for the heat and bend approach.
The brass/bronze bushings are nice, and installed easily. I would recommend opening up the ID or adding a larger chamfer to the ones on the ball... When going into 5th it binds just a little as the shifter shaft hits the edge of the bushing.
The blue reverse lockout handle has bushings inside to ride on the shift lever, they are oversized so it rattles which is annoying. The OD is also smaller than the opening in the stock shifter boot. I did a couple of wraps of Gorilla tape to increase the OD and seal the shifter boot. The plan is to machine a new handle out of Delrin/Acetal which wall have a tighter fit on the shifter shaft and a larger OD in the middle to seal the shifter boot better.

I'd guess the sellholm version doesn't have any of those problems.

Sellholm also offers a straight and angled shifter. I'm not sure what the straight shifter is used on though.

Back