• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Permatex Copper gasket Spray in UK

JayPSC

Right my head gasket has blown AGAIN by the looks of it as I'm getting exhaust gas bubbling up through the header tank :(
I wanna make sure it doesn't happen again so I wanna do it with Permatex spray or something similar this time, but where the hell can I get some of this stuff in the UK??

Jay

not sure

but I`d get a proper gasket set. you`ll need intake and exhaust gaskets and a cover seal too. cost about 40 to 80 quid from partco or similar or volvo garage

Yeah I'm gonna get another gasket set (even though these have only been on there about 2 weeks) but I wanna make sure it doesn't blow again, hence why I wanna spray the HG with Permatex first.

Carefull, depending on the type of gasket, you'll make it blow with the spray on stuff. Get the head and block checked to make sure the mating surfaces are truly flat. Then, install a good gasket, but do it the way they say to do it.

head

make sure the heads in good nick too check around the hole on the mating surface my one is wrecked and I need a new one . we should start a uk head changing club. hahahahaha.

Back