• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1979 242 gt

smurf244

The smurf is no more
Some time ago, me and Wren were going to look at a car or something and we saw the 242 sitting out in this field so we stop to look at it. It was a GT of all things, and it had no rust in the floors, just surface rust here and there where all the 242 get it. The car belonged to a friend of the field owner and when the car stopped working, the friend said fix if you can and when you can back in 2004. The owner really didn't want to sell it but if was going to sell it he wanted like $1000 or so for it so I told him when he decides to take $500 to give me a call. A few months later, the owner called and said come and get whenever.
After another few months and almost loosing out on this deal, I finely have it home.
1979GT001.jpg

1979GT002.jpg

Pirelli Tires from the '90's
1979GT003.jpg

And yes, that is the real mileage
1979GT004.jpg

1979GT005.jpg

The records from the first owner from day 1 til the late 80's
1979GT006.jpg

1979GT007.jpg

The car was repainted at some time and this was they replaced the GT strip with.
1979GT008.jpg

1979GT011.jpg

1979GT010.jpg

Someone stole my butt checks.:lol:
1979GT009.jpg

Factory original spare:rofl:

I will post up the plans for this car later but lets just say its not going to be a GT.

Adam

The Plan

As I said before there is going, the GT stuff is coming off and to never be put back on this car. Here is a list of the things this car be getting:
-Group A front end
-B&G springs
-Bilsiten HD's
-25/28 sway bars
-seam wielding
-chassis bracing
-B230FT or B234FT
-leather interior
-most of the wiring redone
-Lizard Skinned
-3'' exhaust
-MS2
-T5 or TKO
-Aussie locker

I am sure there is a lot more that I will need to add but that's a lot already. I will keep the car the original color but no GT strips; probably be sold color. I am planning to get the car ready in time for SE 9 but the way things are going now, I don't even know when I will get started.

Adam

Back