• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

84 240 no power windows

cc-hays

I currently have no power windows and the three center gauges (battery, turbo, oil pressure) are not working. Does anyone know if these cross paths somewhere, electrically? Is there one wire, fuse, or relay that may cause both these failures or are these separate problems? I've been chasing other electrical issues and it seems funny that these were working fine before I started messing with stuff. I have only ~.01 volts at the window switches with ~12 volts at 10 and 12 fuse.

Maybe, through the glove box opening. Usually, I have to pull the center stack part of the dash loose and reach under the edge of the dash. It is such a PITA. I don't envy you. From what I remember, it is one of the relays right in the center of the row of 5-6 relays that are clipped to the steel structure of the dash.

The wire harness the goes into the door might have a broken wire. Check the voltage at the connector under the dash.

Maybe, through the glove box opening. Usually, I have to pull the center stack part of the dash loose and reach under the edge of the dash. It is such a PITA. I don't envy you. From what I remember, it is one of the relays right in the center of the row of 5-6 relays that are clipped to the steel structure of the dash.

Thanks Roy. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll have time. Will let you know how it goes.

The wire harness the goes into the door might have a broken wire. Check the voltage at the connector under the dash.

Thanks for the tip on the connector I'll check it out. I did pull the accordion back in the door and from what I could see the wires and sheathing looks good but it's a total bitch to get eyes on everything in there.

Turned out to be poor rewiring on my part. In my haste to fix the reverse lights last week I connected the relay wire for the windows to the wrong fuse. Took me a while to find it and that was after pulling and testing the relay. FYI - it's impossible to get to the window relay through the glove box. As Roy said up above the best way is through the center stack and the AC/heater vents.

Back