• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 240 B230FT swap - Cant start with original ecu

frederikm

Hey! I swapped a B230FT into a Volvo 240 (LH2.4) from '92. The B230FT is from '98. I have the ECU (984) and EZK (148) from the car with the B230FT. Problem is, it wont open the injectors, and i have tried with other 984's and even a 976 ECU. Still the same.. But i can start the car, and run it without any trouble with the original ECU and EZK from a B200F, which was in the Volvo 240 before the swap. The injectors are from a 850 turbo (315CC, high ohms).

Do you guys have any idea what the problem could be?

BR

When you have the 850 turbo injectors in there, did you bypass the resistor pack?

I would imagine you never actually even installed the resistor pack since it was a swap. Have you checked for injector pulse with a noid light while having the FT computers installed? Injectors have power and are grounded to open when LH gets an RPM signal from the crank sensor.

You could try starting fluid with the FT computers to confirm that it's a fuel issue.

Being that it's from a 98, is there any chance it's security system related? Just curious, I have never seen a 940T that new here in the states. Didn't know if maybe there was some kind of lockout built in.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=292087 ..............

Last edited:
I Know it is with immobilizer (984), but the 976 is without immobilizer . And i can confirm that the injectors wont open, since i have had the fuel rail with injectors pulled out to see if they spray. And the ballast res. Is not installed at all.

I Know it is with immobilizer (984), but the 976 is without immobilizer . And i can confirm that the injectors wont open, since i have had the fuel rail with injectors pulled out to see if they spray. And the ballast res. Is not installed at all.

When you had the rail off to test, did you make sure to keep it well grounded? The grounds on the rail are the ecu grounds (and therefore the injector grounds).

I would swap to an older ecu like 954 and 937 and see what happens. Unless there?s a way to bypass the immobilizer.

You can use the 984 ECU if you put a 937 or 954 or 967 ECU chip in it or aftermarket tuned chip. That will bypass the immobilizer.

Your problem is you need an ECU that works......

Back