• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 v8 wheel suggestions

bartman

Could I please get some suggestions of the wheels I should put on my Christmas list this year?
I am thinking 17X7 to eventually fitting bigger brakes on. What makes are the best for street rodding and occasional track usage. Possibly getting some MT radial slicks for rear.
As for styling, fewer spokes to clean around would be preferred.
Ocean is a little too pricey for me at this time, but what is a good rear wheel drive wheel to get without going using adapters? I did some mild fender rolling before painting last week.
Thanks Tbrickers! I hope to get a build thread going soon.

Yeah, I have 17X7's with 225 tires on mine, some pretty sticky (for summer street tires) Toyo T1-R's, and it's not nearly enough tire.

Although on second thought, if you're sticking with the Volvo rear axle, you might not want much more stick - smoky rubber fuse for the differential.

240 guys, What is the biggest rear wheel and tire combo that you are running? What wheel horse power approximately? How traction limited is it?

17x9- 275/40/17 Falken Azenis RT615+ had to cut the fenders, cut the inner fender/ apron in the rear and hammer it up, running 32mm adapter in front and Ford 8.8 in the rear which pushes the wheels out about the same amount. Flares to cover the cut fenders. 8.8 has Cobra clutch kit in it and will spin both tires off the line. Not sure amount of hp but between 250-300.
9aUoj3P_m8HqpKQa0STOPS9XqKKbmIDo5zKsqb9Ybtwj_UILj5ZouZyAwg8rqywMB7GQManFA6jVtYCVej5AUCFlzj35H1rnQvcgBzcDk_ad1DTOcHNfTmInbXQx_LjiSV1VftB5U-0=w500

17x9- 275/40/17 Falken Azenis RT615+ had to cut the fenders, cut the inner fender/ apron in the rear and hammer it up, running 32mm adapter in front and Ford 8.8 in the rear which pushes the wheels out about the same amount. Flares to cover the cut fenders. 8.8 has Cobra clutch kit in it and will spin both tires off the line. Not sure amount of hp but between 250-300.
9aUoj3P_m8HqpKQa0STOPS9XqKKbmIDo5zKsqb9Ybtwj_UILj5ZouZyAwg8rqywMB7GQManFA6jVtYCVej5AUCFlzj35H1rnQvcgBzcDk_ad1DTOcHNfTmInbXQx_LjiSV1VftB5U-0=w500

I'm curious what everyone is running, and how traction limited their cars are. Have a collaborative 242 project in works with Linuxman51. Since it's early stages, trying to get an idea of the difficulty level to get something in the 285-315 range of tire stuffed into the rear end

225/45/17's on mine, it's traction limited in 1st, 2nd, 3rd (low geared 6 spd Nissan trans, 5th is 1:1). About 550 hp, and the gearing is (so far) a bit too short.

I'll be carefully squeezing in as much tire as possible once the Ford 8.8 axle goes in. With stock inner fenders and rolled fender lips, keeping it as sleeper/stock looking as possible.

Last edited:
I'm curious what everyone is running, and how traction limited their cars are. Have a collaborative 242 project in works with Linuxman51. Since it's early stages, trying to get an idea of the difficulty level to get something in the 285-315 range of tire stuffed into the rear end
I could probably fit a 10"rim 305-315 tire no problem, might have to do a little more trimming

I could probably fit a 10"rim 305-315 tire no problem, might have to do a little more trimming

If at all possible, I would like to stuff all the wheel and tire in the well without having to remove the outer part of the quarter panel. I'm thinking 10-11" wide rear wheels, haven't decided on diameter. If it has to be/can be modified wider will entertain doing so.

If at all possible, I would like to stuff all the wheel and tire in the well without having to remove the outer part of the quarter panel. I'm thinking 10-11" wide rear wheels, haven't decided on diameter. If it has to be/can be modified wider will entertain doing so.
The problem I ran into with that was the upper shock bolt, unless you're going to cut inwards and relocate that point.

Back