• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Strut Spacer 1229423 is unavailable: Suggestions?

eyeroll63

Hey all, new member here. I have a herd of three 240s at present, with my current project being a 1982 Turbo wagon. I've rebuilt the entire front suspension and am almost complete, but I've hit a snag. I'm replacing the old DeCarbon strut inserts with Bilsteins, but can't complete the job without strut spacers, Volvo part number 1229423. I can't seem to track them down anywhere, as they've been discontinued.

I'm at the point now where I need to either find the inserts or fabricate something that will work correctly so I can get my Turbo out of the garage and on the road again. Any suggestions from the turbobricks hive mind? Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Had some 25 years ago. They are a stepped collar. I don't know where to get them now. I put Koni adjustable shocks in my car with no problems. Had an issue with KYB shocks years ago. Sounds like some fab work , or different shocks maybe?

Cut slice out of old strut maybe make a spacer with that? Use blown strut so it don't explode on you or drill one first. Maybe cut top of spacer at angle of what the bottom of new strut is like so it sits on the spacer with more of the load even on the bottom of strut.

Back