• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rob Prince's 242 Resurrection

Got some interior work done today. Been working on cleaning it up to get it painted. Here are some shots while I was priming it. The floors will be semi-flat black, and everything else will be white. More pics tomorrow hopefully.

2007_0414intpaint0030.jpg

2007_0414intpaint0029.jpg

2007_0414intpaint0028.jpg

Looks awesome Rob!

Did you spend much time prepping the floors for the paint [removing crap still stuck to it from the sound deadening] or did you just spray it right over? I'm debating just throwing some rhino-liner type stuff on the floors of the 244.

I didn't spend a bunch of time on the little details. I scraped all the tar paper off, and in most sections there is still a bit of the adhesive on the floor. I did take WD-40 and clean up the front floor sections and trans. tunnel, but on the floor in the back I didn't do much. It actually doesn't look bad with the semi-flat paint on it. I was thinking of the rhino-liner stuff, but just figured painting it would be easier. I'm just happy it's not that nasty tan color anymore :)

Looks great Rob. The only bad thing about having bare metal floors is they look like ass after the second time you get into the car. Nothing you can't solve with a cheap-o floor mat or a beer and ignoring it. lol

btw by the time you rhino line that entire floor wells, you might as well have just left the sound deadner in.

what is rhino liner?

It's a spray on truck bedlining, it's normally used for truck beds and is grittier than the normal plastic linings used, and it is fairly permanent. Durable but possibly heavy as mentioned.

rhino_linings_brand.jpg

I figure maybe just a coat or two of paint and the OEM rubber winter mats should do to keep it looking decent if thats a concern.

Back