• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Philly Area Carlisle Caravan Thread

ok, I got a decision to make tonight. Should I go with the custom PA tag ("V8LVO") or should I keep this thing as a complete sleeper? I'm leaning toward getting the tag. It's a gold volvo wagon, no one's gonna pay attention to the tag until they're looking at my tail lights. Of course, having a normal plate would add even more WTFness.

ok, I got a decision to make tonight. Should I go with the custom PA tag ("V8LVO") or should I keep this thing as a complete sleeper? I'm leaning toward getting the tag. It's a gold volvo wagon, no one's gonna pay attention to the tag until they're looking at my tail lights. Of course, having a normal plate would add even more WTFness.

I say go with the custom plate. Still adds WTF factor. I have a clever custom plate for my car I'm going to get soon.

caravan.png

Leah, this is one reason why I love you.

And YES, PETE! Finally, some ammo to fire back at VSers drunkenly bouncing it off their rev limiter for hours on end!

I'm sofa king stoked.

The only part of the CB setup not yet in concrete is the antenna, and wiring. probably to be cobbled together thursday night. Trying to convince a fellow Ottawan TBer to join a convoy. He had a V70r saffron last year that had major issues en route and he missed the whole weekend. he needs a support group thisa year :lol:

Last edited:
Turns out you have to get your regular plate first, then send another form in for the cutom plate.

Anyway, back to Carlisle - so from what I gather everyone leaves from Ikea on Friday at 11 and gets a camping pass? Do you camp right where you park?

I've only been to a Carlisle show once and that was a day pass for the Chrysler show (dad restored a 1960 Valiant).

There is a separate field where we park at night and camp, and then there is the showfield. Showfield during the day, drive your car up to your spot and camp at night.

hopefully ill be able to meet up with you guys for the cruise if you dont mind having me. long time listener first time poster.

gonna be in the 2012 kona blue volvo moosetang. since i sold my safron volvo. and my 242 is no were near completion or reliable....

got a blank grill on the way and will be mounting some volvo badges to keep with the theme.

Absolutely! Me and Jay were first-timers for this, and everyone in the caravan were great! Get a CB radio if you can. If not, I might be able to snag one if you need it. If you can head down another day earlier and crash somewhere, you can come down from Ottawa with us.

can anyone in Philly help me by welding up my DP to a flange? I have 2 weeks to get it done. and i will pay. Sorry for the off topic.

what time is the philly crew meeting the NE crew at perkins? Said the plan is to leave Ikea by 11? so maybe 1:30ish? i need to plan what time to leave to get to Perkins on time

Ok, I think I figured it out and I can go now, but only for Friday night. Had pre-existing plans (pre-Volvo) in Baltimore that weekend. Next year I'll clear the whole weekend. I guess I'll meet all of you at Ikea and convoy out, camp over Friday night an then hang out Saturday until I have to head down to Baltimore in the late afternoon. Is there any advantage to registering on the website now, or should I just show up at the gate on Friday with everyone else and register then?

Its faster if you reg now. that way you dont have to wait at the gate to reg. You would just pick up your pass and go in. ill prob just reg at the gate tho.

Back