• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

lh2.2 tuning or chips???

ltrail

So ive asked around and tlao is not seeing enough intrest in 2.2 and fred is no more here?
I want something more, id like to chip my 541 and ezk if i can and or reflash them i guess. I read some ignition mods from stonisworld i think about connecting pins 18,19,&20 in different sequences will increase or retard timing at part load? Last resort i think. I read about making the ezk chippable also, but i find no resources for purchasing such a kit.

Thanks!

i cheched them out and sent inquiry. About $215 for stage 1 good for 240hp. seems people here re making that without chips. read sme about them on other forums and most seem skeptical, didnt find anyone with the chip installed.

In my car, with my butt dyno, the BSR chip is really powerfull... They say +55hp in a stock B230FT, except the boost pressure increased to 0.95bar.

if i'm correct

i cheched them out and sent inquiry. About $215 for stage 1 good for 240hp. seems people here re making that without chips. read sme about them on other forums and most seem skeptical, didnt find anyone with the chip installed.

bsr doesn't provide lh2.2 chips, only motronic 1.1 for b230et and ft. Try hi-tuning.com, i'm in the proces of buying one of their chips. A quote from this thread by frpe82 (Fred)

______
BSR can?t provide a chip (at least not send one out) for LH2.2. The chip you are talking about is for the Motronic ML1.1 cars with the B230FT and B230ET. ECU numbers ending with 012, 022 and 026. That chip will give 240HP (or at least they advertise it) with the right setup.
______

So since your ecu is ...541, you need to get out your soldering machine or buy a 591 ecu as i did..:-D

I would have no problem soldering my own googies. Avilability is my current issue. Id like the EZk chipped too, which would require some work, but still I find no resource for purchase.

I have a lh2.2 turbo fuel chip. It provides more fuel so you can run more boost for more power. Now the hard part is finding a chippable Fuel computer. Otherwise you have to add the socket and resistors and the switching chip and a couple caps and jumpers to the ECU board. Now for the lh2.2 turbo EZK you need the older non Motorola EZK. It's a 012 ezk that has two boards in it, not the motorola 012 that is just one board. For tuning and chipping the 012 EZK you need a chip programmer that does 40 pin chips like the new 100 dollar wilhem you can buy on ebay. There is a thread here where I posted pics of the ezk that is chippable. The ezk chip is also the CPU on the 012 that also has some memory and that is what you reprogram. So you'll need to buy blank chips of course.

Simon

Sorry for the thread-jack, but I'm going to be running an iPd turbo cam and just a stock T3 at a mild 10psi with 3" exhaust, any need for chipping at that boost level? I always run 94 octane, I would assume not.

I have a lh2.2 turbo fuel chip. It provides more fuel so you can run more boost for more power. Now the hard part is finding a chippable Fuel computer. Otherwise you have to add the socket and resistors and the switching chip and a couple caps and jumpers to the ECU board. Now for the lh2.2 turbo EZK you need the older non Motorola EZK. It's a 012 ezk that has two boards in it, not the motorola 012 that is just one board. For tuning and chipping the 012 EZK you need a chip programmer that does 40 pin chips like the new 100 dollar wilhem you can buy on ebay. There is a thread here where I posted pics of the ezk that is chippable. The ezk chip is also the CPU on the 012 that also has some memory and that is what you reprogram. So you'll need to buy blank chips of course.

Simon

Is this 2.2 chip you speak of for sale? Ill double check my ezk tomorrow to see if it one or two boards. And even at 100 off ebay this still means i need someone to assist in the programming. Bueller...Bueller...anyone?

Sorry for the thread-jack, but I'm going to be running an iPd turbo cam and just a stock T3 at a mild 10psi with 3" exhaust, any need for chipping at that boost level? I always run 94 octane, I would assume not.

Fueling shouldn't be an issue at 10psi on a stock turbo. At 15psi on a t3/t4 running 93 plus Lucas octane booster, I'm at the ragged edge of the stock fuel system. A chip would no doubt help overall power and drivability though.

Stock LH2.4 > chipped LH2.2

Installing a custom EMS>taking the time to "swap" LH2.2 to LH2.4...

megasquirt dude! don't even mess with the stock stuff!

But, if you are in a race class that doesn't allow any stand alone ecu's, and you have to tune the stock ecu you'll need options like this.

Otherwise, if you are looking to "chip" your RWD volvo for more powah before doing the mods that get you dirty, these cars aren't for you. :-P Just accept the fact that if you own a Volvo and you want power you're going to get greasy, bloody, shed some tears, and go broke while you think you are making a cheap fast car.

LOL. I love these things. *cough* kill *cough* Loooooove these cars.

I will say I've heard good things about Simons chips, even if he thinks he is going to beat me in the 1/4mile.:omg: :-P

If you are going to chip your 2.2 send Simon a PM and get 'er done.

LH2.4 is easy to tune, so long as you have a chippable EZK and are willing to play with it a bit.

0. Get a wideband
1. Buy this (moates.net ostrich)
2. Download this (TunerPro RT)
3. Download bins and defs for your ECU version
4. Install Ostrich, connect USB, select correct bin/xdf for your ECU and start tuning

Some of the XDFs aren't quite polished yet; and I am currently awaiting the next version of this awesome program.

The only thing lacking right now is datalogging of engine parameters for offline tuning. If you have one of the newer 14point7 kits this may not be an issue as I believe they can datalog RPM, CLT, IAT, etc. I like my LC1 but wish I'd bough one of those. I think ideally you would log RPM, CLT, WB02 and MAF voltage. Probably should monitor MAP as well.

I've been playing with it on my car and it's seems pretty capable. All I really need now is someone to ride shotgun so I don't kill mysef.

I don't claim credit to any of this by the way; I've just been lurking over at ECUProject.

Alternately, if you don't want to mess with any of this crap (and have LH2.4), get a chip from TLOA. They rock.

LH2.4 is easy to tune, so long as you have a chippable EZK and are willing to play with it a bit.

0. Get a wideband
1. Buy this (moates.net ostrich)
2. Download this (TunerPro RT)
3. Download bins and defs for your ECU version
4. Install Ostrich, connect USB, select correct bin/xdf for your ECU and start tuning

Some of the XDFs aren't quite polished yet; and I am currently awaiting the next version of this awesome program.

The only thing lacking right now is datalogging of engine parameters for offline tuning. If you have one of the newer 14point7 kits this may not be an issue as I believe they can datalog RPM, CLT, IAT, etc. I like my LC1 but wish I'd bough one of those. I think ideally you would log RPM, CLT, WB02 and MAF voltage. Probably should monitor MAP as well.

I've been playing with it on my car and it's seems pretty capable. All I really need now is someone to ride shotgun so I don't kill mysef.

I don't claim credit to any of this by the way; I've just been lurking over at ECUProject.

Alternately, if you don't want to mess with any of this crap (and have LH2.4), get a chip from TLOA. They rock.

yeah, this is an awesome development. With help of Ipdown, Blabla and ecuproject members I managed to get my car running better and better. afr right where i want it, this stuff works. I'm very curious about Ipdowns new software.
Dont forget winOLS, also a great program and it shows you what is different between bins for example.

I just swapped lh2.2!!!!!! The supposed lh2.0(or 2.1 as im lead to believe i had from some odd half year changes) was poo. 2.2 swapping was the easy alternative. cost me $300 for all my +t, 2.2, ezk swappage. Didnt think i could beat that. Still, may sit on what it is and weigh the options rom now till.......i build an engine that needs power/requires this black magic??

Back