• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 Need help identifying part numbers

stiligFox

Part-time Tinkerer
Hey guys - just found a set of these door insulations at the junkyard. They have part numbers sprayed on the backs but I'm getting conflicting evidence of them being real numbers or not -

n4hEWXKl.jpg

Can anyone help me find these part numbers? Doesn’t seem to bring anything up in the part lists...

I'm going to install these in in my car, but they are used and a bit cruddy - I'd like some new ones for when I repaint the car.

EDIT: I should add these are from a 1995 940, never seen them on a prior car. 1995 and later 960s had them as well, but were molded for the updated door panels.

Last edited:
All 1995 US market 940s have those insulation panels. That's one of the things that make the 95 year model the best of the 940s. The headliner trim panels, A, B and C pillar and tail gate covers all have a felt liner as well. The 95s are much quieter than any of the previous 940s.

All 1995 US market 940s have those insulation panels. That's one of the things that make the 95 year model the best of the 940s. The headliner trim panels, A, B and C pillar and tail gate covers all have a felt liner as well. The 95s are much quieter than any of the previous 940s.

Thanks!! That helps. I'm stoked to put them in my car - the acoustic difference between my 92 960 and my mom's 97 S90 is huge, so I'm going to add the wool batting and other stuff in as many of the places Volvo did as I can. These door insulation panels are one the biggest things I noticed on the S90 so I'm really glad I found them! Just wish I could find where I could order some new ones, since as you can see, these have some tears and the butyl tape is a ungodly mess...

Back