• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

7/9 Center Bearing Carrier

DavidSamuels

K-Jet-Free Zone
I'm about to install the center support conversion bracket from Viking in my 245. This 91 has an M-46 in it with the large shaft. Bearing is the same as the 940, but I'm seriously challenged on all things 7/9. What brand of support is everyone using? URO, Meyle and Febi all have them, very inexpensive. Can still get OE Volvo...for $180 or so. Thoughts? Thanks.

Somehow my Meyle is hanging in there after a couple years of flogging in the 7. Next time around though I may look into something like the Spicer one VB242 used for his 240 (Spicer 210084-2x). I went with the Spicer in the 140, trimmed the corners to make it round, and installed. Really a VERY solid mount, no flex, just a better design than the OE stuff for the 240. It might be adaptable to the 7/9 as well.

Rock Auto may still have some on "close out sale" I picked some ( both sizes just in case) up few months ago. Meyle.

Back