• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

slow 240's 242 build "briquette"

slow240

Home Schooled
well, the wagon (le brik) is too rusty so ive been looking for a good shell to swap everything into, so i was put in touch with Vince (Terribleone) that happened to have an 81 242t(no I) sitting in his yard, not registered since '04. he said not much rust, nothing cancerous, so i rounded up a trailer and drove 2.5 hours to pick it up. (thanks Kyle!)

this is what i saw when i got there.
_DSC0586.jpg

_DSC0583.jpg

two rolling tires later we had it up on the trailer and ready to head home!
_DSC0589.jpg

when i got it home, i went straight to rust repair, i dont want this thing to rust out from under me :lol:
_DSC0591.jpg

derpin out some tar paypa
cuttin up some patch panels :cool:
_DSC0608.jpg

SNAZZY INTERIOR!
_DSC0594.jpg

DEATH TO KJET!
_DSC0595.jpg

i have a few more pics laying around, but thats pretty much where i am now, starting ripping the b21 out today, ill repaint the engine bay and drop the motor from the wagon into this, plus all those gooides then scrap the ol shell :-/

starting to yank the motor.
_DSC0621.jpg

aaaalmost
_DSC0638.jpg

the engine did an unexpected 180 on the way out, i guess to say goodbye :lol:
_DSC0641.jpg

FILTHY! new coat of paint probably tomorrow.
_DSC0643.jpg

oh and the car has decarbons front and rear, but the drivers side strut tube was rusted off :omg:
you can sorta see it here, the orange is the strut insert, you shouldnt be able to see that :lol:
_DSC0627.jpg

got the bay painted, and put in some new window scrapers.
_DSC0665.jpg

_DSC0675.jpg

_DSC0671.jpg

Last edited:
got the motor out today, good bit of work done, stopped at about 9:30, slow steady work all day.

found out the car has DeCarbons all the way around :cool: and i was pleasantly surprised to find a flat flywheel as well :-D

so far the car has turned out to be a great investment :cool:

@jared, im definitely keeping that interior, the seats are toast, so theyll be replaced. and the drivers side DP is completely rotten from water damage, so im going to get some 1/8" MDF and see if i cant reconstruct the backing and glue it on, ill make an article, i hope it works out, because ive only seen a handful of these interiors, and the passenger side DP plus both rear panels are in great shape.

Sounds like a plan

When you paint the bay for the love of god don't be like me and do it gloss black...shows every run, ripple, scratch, and imperfection. Such a pita.

You only have two eyes. I hope you don't ever have to experience the pleasure of plucking one of those wire strands out of your eyes.

_DSC0591.jpg

They're only $14 at Harbor Freight. It just makes sense.

image_16916.jpg

yeah i have a welding mask and we tried using that, but its too damn dark, i need to get one of those facemasks, we were doing some grinding on a rusted bolt under the car last night and i really would have loved to have one then :lol:

well, got a few things done the last few days, just never posted pictures.

got the bay painted, its better than it was, but not what i wanted
_DSC0665.jpg

_DSC0675.jpg

luckily its just a DD, its not meant to be perfect :-P

then i got a shipment from Ken Rogers, seriously one of the best sellers on TB.
_DSC0666.jpg

_DSC0671.jpg

mmmm fresh winda scrapas.
i have to say, i was REALLY impressed with the quality, fitment, shipping, price...EVERY aspect of this purchase was perfect. i cant say enough how much i recommend Ken as a seller. and if you need new scrapers (everyone does) buy them from ken, perfect product.

in the next few days ill be yanking the suspension and rear axle so i can prep the shell for the stuff from the wagon.

the hardest part is sitting around waiting for the title, on the 16th ill be able to put in the final paperwork and wait 21 more days, then ill have a title :lol: but i think itll be worth it. definitely worth it.

well folks, looks like things might actually start happening in the thread.
i got my title!!!!! :cool:

P1000150.jpg

got some noltec V1 camber plates and got the DeCarbons ready to drop in, ordering coleman racing coilover sleeves tonight, should be doing the engine swap in the next week or two, so keep an eye out for this thread :-D

P1000145.jpg

coilovers are complete, thanks to geoff (still owe you more beers buddy :-P)
DSC_0042.jpg

and now that todds wagon is running (sort of :lol:) ill be driving that to work for a few days to make sure it doesn't spontaneously combust :-P
meanwhile, this thread will take a turn for the awesome, because i just got a new camera and im dying to have something to take pictures of :cool:

Back