• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wheel Spacers for 1989 745

chevy_dude97

Good day all,
I was fortunate to pull a set of perfect s40 rims yesterday for free.
Markings on them are as follows; Tire size(205/55R/16) Wheel size(6.5Jx16x52.5)
I know I have seen wheel spacers to fit the fwd rims on the rwd vehicles.

I have a 1989 740 GLE estate without any suspension modification. What size spacers would I need to allow the new tires/rims fit without much fab work? would the IPD 25mm spacers work?

Yeah, the 25mm spacers work well. I know some people like to run 32mm on the back wheels though. It's all personal preference. There should be some pictures on the googlewebz of the different spacers and the appearance they give.

IPD has 25mm spacers that should get the ET right for you. Although do be careful....the s40 has a different hub bore than our redblocks

IPD has 25mm spacers that should get the ET right for you. Although do be careful....the s40 has a different hub bore than our redblocks

Do you mean make sure its centered before bolting down? Is there perhaps a ring insert that fits on the market?

And yes, IPD is the site I was looking to purchase them from since they are having a sale currently.

https://www.kaplhenke.com/collectio...products/700-900-extended-wheel-studs-spacers

240Wheelstudsandspacer_1024x1024_b55f9e47-a689-44ae-a457-8769520a1278_1024x1024.jpg

Do you mean make sure its centered before bolting down? Is there perhaps a ring insert that fits on the market?

And yes, IPD is the site I was looking to purchase them from since they are having a sale currently.

No the hub bore is different for the s40. It's smaller than the P2, P3, P80, and redblock cars. No idea why. also the 1st gen s40 has a 4 bolt pattern while the P1 s40 has the 5x108 but weird hub bore

Wow thanks for all the replies, I think I will use some calipers to measure the hubs. Like I said I pulled it off of a car going into the scrap yard and believe it or not, even the winter tires where alloys. So just to be safe I think I should measure considering.

To answer the 4 or 5 lug question, yes sir! 5 lugs.

To be 100% I am not sure of the exact year/model but when I head back up to check out the rest of the yard I will mark it down.

Depends on the ET of the rims, you want to aim for an ET near original or lower. My 240 run ET 5 Front and ET 0 Rear

He has ET listed as 52.5. My math says 52.5-25 spacer=27.5, 52.5-32 spacer=20.5. Stock alloy 15x6 wheel has 25mm ET and 4.5" back spacing.

The 25mm spacers worked perfect, for some reason I had to almost "press fit" 2 of the rims on the hubs. Other than that the wheels went on as smooth as one could expect. Thanks for all the help guys!

Back