• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

302 brakes on 940, Girling or ATE?

What calipers?

You need the calipers from the 850/V70 that fit on the extended caliper brackets to match the 302 disks. You cannot use 940 parts.

You need the calipers from the 850/V70 that fit on the extended caliper brackets to match the 302 disks. You cannot use 940 parts.

Yes.... I've converted my 940 "Saloon" to the same 302mm setup with Scandix special abutments. From what I recall in the referenced article, the caliper is from an 850 / other later models from Ovlov. The single piston diameter is exactly the same as that used in the 9 series, so no benefit from increased piston clamping.... just the leverage gain by virtue of the additional radius of rotor.

Several who made this upgrade have noted the improvement realized.....

I ordered the 302mm brackets from skandix (or go to a junkyard and find a 850 with 302mm brakes), got some stock 850 calipers and a longer hoses (from 850's/v70's with 302mm disks). I'm actually using 305mm disks from 2002-up v70. If you have dual lines up front you need to block two of them (one on each circuit).

Then you need longer bolts, and 6-6,3mm spacers between the strut and caliper brackets. Geminis fit, but i had to grind a tiny bit on the calipers to fit 17" eiker e1's.

j6NsjmG.jpg

GWvQpE2.jpg

rbX3XVb.jpg

The reviews of the referenced older thread confirm what I have been told. Not quite a Wilwood 4 pot binder, but also not $700 plus ! looking forward to having real brakes in my 940.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Re the longer hoses, myself and others have run this setup on 850's with the stock 280mm hoses without problem, do the 940s really need them?
I'm on Canopus wheels which I had on the 850 with 302s so should be fine.

When you upgrade to 302 Brakes on your 940 check to see if you have 38mm or 40mm calipers in the rear. Going from 38mm to 40mm calipers is also a nice upgrade to do at the same time.

When you upgrade to 302 Brakes on your 940 check to see if you have 38mm or 40mm calipers in the rear. Going from 38mm to 40mm calipers is also a nice upgrade to do at the same time.

Jerry, do you know the years of the larger piston rears? I understood that the North American cars were all the same 91-95.

By the way, do we have any favourite pads to use on the 302's?

The pad selection should be a bit better than with the older cars. But of course it's personal preference....

I've used EBC YellowStuff pads in the past and really like them. They tolerate heat really well, only dust a bit worse than stock, while also not needing heat to work like a lot of other "track" pads.

I just realized that I'm not sure if they make the YellowStuffs for the 302s though.....

Back