• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shaving Brake Calipers

nolift911

Looking for a few mm's out of the shave, possible? Done before is there enough material? Trying to avoid having to run spacers and only need 1-2. Other options? Have some BBS RS that I am building and the pad height is just a C hair shy to clear - rears are fine.

Thanks -

I am not proud, but I have ground material off the front calipers on my car due to the curvature of the face of my wheels. There is a good amount of material on the calipers, and I didn't really find a source for a .250" aluminum spacer which would have cured what ailed. I say get after it with a grinder and soft pad and sneak up on it.

Ha! Gotcha, I was hoping this thread would catch you, do you make a thin 5x108 spacer??

We make long studs, thinnest hub centric spacer we make that fits the front of a 240 is a 15mm.

If you want thinner, just use the long studs with what ever flat generic spacer of your choice.

Did you use longer studs for 5mm? With the BBS RS wheels it seems right now I have "just enough" length on the studs...

I used the stock studs. Had them on for at least a few years without any issues at all.
The bbs lugs I have were much deeper than stock lugs so there was a concerning amount of empty space in them, but I had plenty of threads actually engaged.

I have long studs with a 5mm spacer up front with ocean mk18s. But i just hardly had enough stud to hold the wheel without spacer on stock studs so i definitley needed them to add a spacer. But i just used a cheap generic 5mm slip spacer and it works great.

Back