• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 to T5 adapter (whiteblock engine to Ford 5 speed)

I'm beat....over 3 hours to clean this stupid plate....I should have spent the extra $$ on virgin aluminum....I think this thing had concrete on it, it would not wash off at all with any kind of soap or cleaner and water.

I used a wire wheel on an angle grinder and then an orbital sander.

The plate was covered up and I saw the big holes after they finally dug it out of the pile but I did not see the small holes. I should be able to get most of the plates people want so far from the good side....if I need to I'll make plates with the small holes and adjust the price a bit..

I guess the upsale on these is that I am using recycled material, heck, I should charge more for that...I'm Green!

So far no broken toes, manhandling this 260 pound plate by myself is a workout, I'm screwed if I have another stroke and I'm under it a bit... (one year anniversary of my stroke in a few weeks!)

Time to cut it into more manageable sizes, bought a new blade for my skill saw at HF, we'll see how it works...I'm sure the neighbors are going to love that sound!

Sanded pic is the one with it covered with water....not perfect but it came out fairly well.

Attachments

• plate01.jpg
    plate01.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 628
  • plate02.jpg
    plate02.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 624
  • plate03.jpg
    plate03.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 625
  • plate04.jpg
    plate04.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 626
So happy that someone is actually building these. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would show you my project. It's a full frame built s10 blazer minitruck. Volvo engine, T5 transmission, mustang II IFS, and jag IRS. Hydraulics over coils so I can sit it on the ground but yet have it still handle well. Pretty crazy build.

you got my pm?

Yep, will update later this week, I don't think I'll be able to do anything else on these for a few days. I'm making 9 plates....I hope I don't lose my @ss on these...due to buying so much material and it not being perfect...live and learn!

On the plus side, some nice drop off pieces for some RX-7 adapters.

Yes,that is my B230FT that I should be working on instead to get it into the car.

Attachments

• plate05.jpg
    plate05.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 601
  • plate06.jpg
    plate06.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 601
Anybody know up to what year or version Whiteblock will bolt up to the 960 bellhousing?

Someone has asked about the RN R version block? I have no idea what series or version that is.

thanks, Mike

they should all be the same. i know for a fact that we put a 04 in my buddies 98 p1 v70 bolted right up. dunno about the more modern (2010)

If shortening the oil pan is your biggest hurdle you really need to re-think even doing a 5 cylinder swap. It's a trivial part of the swap in the grand scheme of things.

As doug mentioned, the stock 5 cylinder FWD pan is not very good anyway.

At this point, it IS high time someone market RWD 5 cyl oil pans. Dollars to be made from so many conversions planned or happening.

ETA: @ Mueller, sorry to just now hear you had a stroke. Hope you recovered well from that.

Last edited:
I'll be the one to ask the stupid question. Will a 960 bellhousing bolt up to a T4, T5, and a T6 engine? It would be interesting to have a 8.5k rpm T4 build with a big turbo. This adapter obviously solves the T5 transmission to 960 bellhousing problem.

Last edited:
I'll be the one to ask the stupid question. Will a 960 bellhousing bolt up to a T4, T5, and a T6 engine? It would be interesting to have a 8.5k rpm T4 build with a big turbo. This adapter obviously solves the T5 transmission to 960 bellhousing problem.

At least first gen T4/5/6

The whiteblocks in the modern gen S60 and V50/C30/S40 might be (but doubt it) different.

Not sure if any "real" companies like Kalphanke or Roger-Dee have plans to make them yet.

I need to make 3 of them myself, I am not a "real" company, just a hack part time home hobbyist machinist...Goal is no more than $150, hopefully shipped in the US at that price.

I will be cranking some out later this summer after i get caught up with some other machining runs.

Let me sell mine 1st, I want to at least break even on the material 1st :)

Or I could send the material to you!

Don't worry I'm sure you will sell yours first. I got 1500 lbs of billet to get through before i can even think about them.

:lol:

If i need material for them I'll holler.

Would you use a concentric hydraulic slave cylinder or knock a hole in the bellhousing for the clutch fork?

Back