• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Turbo Boost Guage

so, then this is weird....

that diagram shows one line going to inlet, one to distributor, and other to canister.

I have a third because there is a T. The diagram mentions additional lines for AC, I have AC. Do you have that diagram?

The diagram doesn't show A/C idle compensation for the turbo engine. I believe it's done through the IAC computer and not a separate solenoid that the diagram shows for B21F.

The disconnected hose coming off the tee in your pic is supposed to connect to the distributor. Where is the hose connected to the distributor coming from?

The distributor needs the correct vacuum/boost signal to work properly. The hose pictured is the one that's supposed to go to the distributor. It comes from the small nipple on the throttle body, tee's to the distributor and then goes to the charcoal canister.

I can't tell where the hose that's currently connected to the distributor is coming from but if it's not connected to the intake, the timing won't retard when the boost comes on.

The distributor needs the correct vacuum/boost signal to work properly. The hose pictured is the one that's supposed to go to the distributor. It comes from the small nipple on the throttle body, tee's to the distributor and then goes to the charcoal canister.

I can't tell where the hose that's currently connected to the distributor is coming from but if it's not connected to the intake, the timing won't retard when the boost comes on.

The hose connected to the distributor is coming from the intake, it has a T that connects it to the charcoal canister. There is an additional T and that's where that "extra" hose is coming from - hence I plugged it.

Let me see if I can find some pictures of my '85 GLT (from when it was K-Jet). Check back here in ~30 minutes.

Edit:
85-Turbo-KJet-Vacuum-Hose-Routing.jpg

85-Turbo-KJet-Vacuum-Hoses.jpg

Numbers are positioned below the vacuum lines.
There are 4 nipples on the intake manifold: 1,2,3, and 9 (hidden below throttle body)
There are 2 nipples on the throttle body: 7,8 (holes are on the air filter side of the throttle plate when closed)

- Intake nipple 1 goes to one-way valve, to hose 4, which goes into cabin above passenger's feet for hvac control.

- Intake nipple 1 also T's to hose 13 to the cruise control vacuum reservoir, a metal can with 2 nipples. The other nipple on the can goes to hose 12 to the cruise servo. Hose 11 goes from cruise servo to a disengage cruise switch on the brake pedal.

- Intake nipple 2 goes to hose 5 and one-way valve, to the blue full load enrichment switch.

- Intake nipple 2 also T's to hose 6 which goes into the cabin, where it goes both to a overboost pressure switch (above pedals) and to the boost gauge. No one-way valves in this path.

- Intake nipple 3 goes to brake booster check valve.

- Intake nipple 9 (under throttle body) goes to the thermal control valve under the intake manifold. The other side of the thermal control valve goes to hose 10, which connects to the pressure differential switch. [Edit2] See post #32 for a diagram of an alternate (earlier) setup using a vacuum controlled CPR/WUR instead of the pressure differential switch (the CPR/WUR on my '85 did not use vacuum).

- Throttle body nipple 7 goes to the distributor and T's to the valve control on the charcoal canister (vacuum opens the charcoal canister valve)

- Throttle body nipple 8 goes to the other side of the charcoal canister. This hose draws in vapors from the canister when the valve is opened by 7.

I think I got all of these correct - if anyone spots an error, I'll edit this post.

Last edited:
Oh wow! Excellent, I will go through all lines with the picture you have kindly edited!

You also mentioned I had cruise control - I do not, or if I do I am not aware of it, what did you see?

Looking at the diagram and at my car....

I think I have everything now in place, however I do not have hose 10 and a pressure differential switch? My car simply does not have this or I cannot see it...

There were 2 different methods used for cold running enrichment. One used the differential pressure switch and the other used a CPR with vacuum ports.

TurboK-JetColdEnrichment.jpg

yes, mine does have a CPR - all plumbed in correctly now!

Thanks!

Great, glad it's all back together. How's it run now? Oh, and what year is it?

(I have no idea what I was looking at when I thought you had cruise -- I must have had someone else's KJet engine bay picture up in a browser tab, and though it was part of your set of pictures.)

Back