• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 swap, all you need to know

I read that thread too, it sucks that a resource like that craps out on us. I was going to go with Avalanche, but that means I have to source the clutch parts myself with information posted in this thread, without V-Performance's help, so I want to make sure I get the right (and best) parts for my application.

the clutch parks from avelanche are super easy to find. stock pp mustang clutch disc and a stock volvo to bearing.

Nice! I didn't know Knox had the full setup. I'll definitely get in touch with them this week. I thought Avalanche only had the adapter, not the clutch components.

Yeah, Dale sells/makes the adapter. Lawrence not only sells Dale's stuff, but also builds cars too. Since he puts them together, he knows what parts your need.

Thank you for this informative guide! Its exactly what I was looking for, even though I'm not doing very much at all for performance upgrades (HP wise) I'm still sticking a T5 behind my stock b230f because I cant stand the electric OD. It has served me well but internal 5th seems much better. Plus my granddad and dad are ford guys so I have much of what I need lying around. Ill probably do this sometime before next summer and I'll try to get some shots along the way.

Thanks again!!

OK....here's something I've ran into while performing a T5 swap into my 1991 745T. The M46 bell housing's release bearing "snout"/shaft has an outer diameter of ~1.256" and the Ford release bearing has an inner diameter of 1.430", leaving ~.170" clearance between bearing and shaft!
Is a sleeve required to make the Ford bearing work or has my M46 snout been modified?

7/9 Series

Guys who have done this swap in 7/9 series. Im getting mixed results on weather you have to enlarge the shifter hole in the floor to get a mustang transmission to fit/shift without hitting. Every 7/9 thread seems to die out when it gets to that stage. I was just going to extend the shifter backwards with 1/4 plate and deal with the goofy "up down" shift feeling because Camaro transmissions are getting harder to find. I just want to know if im going to have to cut the trans tunnel or not? Anyone have pictures of how much is needed to cut if at all? Pictures of Shifters installed? Trying to decide weather I should keep hunting for a Camaro trans or just have a mustang trans built. Or buy a 240 I guess:lol: lol not really. 7sereies for life.:nod:

I thought you just use a goose neck style lever for the shift knob, like one that goes up an inch or so then back a couple inches then up again to the knob. At least that’s what I was planning. May have to be custom but may also be available in aftermarket. Otherwise you end up punching the radio because of the difference from the 240 tunnel.

Last edited:
I thought you just use a goose neck style lever for the shift knob, like one that goes up an inch or so then back a couple inches then up again to the knob. At least that?s what I was planning. May have to be custom but may also be available in aftermarket. Otherwise you end up punching the radio because of the difference from the 240 tunnel.

this is probably what I am going to do

What is World Class and non World Class and STD?

Back