• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrewhans 240 LS Swap, Going for 8's

Yea the Chevy manifolds are super easy to weld on. What diameter did you use? Did you do a 90 and a straight section? Sewer pipe? Lol

No sewer pipe haha
The straight piece I got off a random metal shop for $5. I think I got 15" of sched 40 2" ID for that. The other pieces were a 90 2" sched 40 and a 2.5" sched 40 90.

That's every pic I have of the manifold build.

Last edited:
and that's also to say: I'm fairly positive I *cannot* remove the transmission from my car without also removing the engine.

I put mine in as a single unit, you may have better luck that way.

I may try that but the first time I tried I was nowhere near clearing the crossmember without notching it heavily. That would be my preference is to be able to install it as one unit.

If the trans doesnt go in with what I've done I'm going to notch the subframe so I can instal/remove as a unit.

Last edited:
Im sure it is but the dual bolt pattern case on my TH350 is bigger in all the wrong areas near the 240 firewall. Im sure I would not have even needed to touch the fire wall with a standard case TH350.

it's probably not a whole lot smaller. the 60e is likely a bit longer, but a lot of the internal junk is similar/same. At least you don't have a removable sfi bell housing, those things are miserable to clearance.

anyway, with mine, I ended up putting a jack under the tail of the trans, and as I rolled everything in, I started pitching the assembly up, push back, lift up, push back, etc until it all went in.

At least you don't have a removable sfi bell housing, those things are miserable to clearance.

Mine has a steel/SFI Quicktime bell housing -- absolutely zero clearance issues; in fact, it's not even what I would call 'close'. But I picked a pan/fab'd my own mounts to set the motor as low and far back as possible. Even a smaller bell/auto-tranny housing can cause problems if the engine sits high enough and/or further back. FWIW....

Had to clearance it a bit more in the circled areas in red. I was finally able to get it up onto the dowels. Huge pain in the ass.

Now onto a technical question. How much gap between flexplate and converter? I currently have exactly 1/4"

This is where the bastard was hitting the worst.

Did the ol' notch and flip today. The Holley pan I bought(302-2) is a bit longer at the base of the pan and I needed a little more clearance down there.

I may even have enough clearance to install as a unit. We'll see.

Last edited:
Back