• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TTV-Flywheel Pressureplate options

MadDog_945

Våga Vägra 8V
Hi,

me, owning a TTV-Flywheel with 850R clutch asks myself what other clutches may fit that thing.. i just found out there are no sachs SRE products for the 850R ?!!

This would suck very hard !

Any Infos out there ?

Sachs SRE -707 pressure plate seems to be the pressure plate of choice for the Volvo 850R folks. That one does not fit without modifications though. The locating dowels are in the wrong place for the -707 to fit. Bolt pattern is supposed to be the same.

TTV can provide a flywheel with a bolt pattern and locating dowels for the Sachs SRE -765 pressure plate as well. That one is originally meant for E34 M5, and will transmit even more torque than the -707, and is cheaper to buy as well. I bought a steel flywheel for a redblock engine and for the -765 pressure plate from TTV in 2011.

How much torque do you have?

EDIT: I read your post again, and you say that you already have the flywheel. If the stock one is not strong enough, i guess the SRE -707 (it's for an Audi originally) is the easiest one to fit.

You might have better luck since you guys are in europe, but according to sachs north america the 765 is unobtanium and no longer produced (Believe me, I tried hard to get one for my E34 project). The 707 bolt circle isn't exactly the same, but a little bit of filing/die grinding does the trick.

All that said the 850R clutch is pretty good. I had a large turbo at the time I was using an 850r clutch on my T6, and the torque curve was very gentle, but it was holding 470whp and 390ftlb or so at that time.

Hi,

Anyone here with Slipping Clutch @ approx. 300hp?

TTV + 850R Clutch + M90 for sure ;)

I don't know why mine is slipping though.. starts @ about 4500rpm yeah.. when the turbo kicks in..

Last edited:
I have a TTV flywheel and an 850R clutch, I'm running a Garrett GT3082R @ 20psi and clutch is holding well. No idea of power but it pulls pretty well must be getting up around 300hp and similar torque.

I've found a shop here in germany which offers a reinforced genuine sachs pressureplate for 222€.. thats a hot deal and i think im going to order that together with a non dampened sinter clutch...

Hast du die 850R Kupplung von Volvo/Sachs? Soll von Luk nur ca 430NM halten.
Habe genau die selben Teile bestellt wie du, TTV+850R+M90 geschweisst.

Moin,

synchros geschweisst? wir muessen mal telefonieren! :)

uhm.. ja ist sachs aber gebraucht... soll 50tkm drauf haben muesste eigentlich gehen.. tuts aber nicht... neu kost 270€...

bei dem laden gibts eine verstaerkte originale fuer 222€ + dann noch ne sinterkupplung fuer 300 oder so... hauptsache die kann burnen ;)

Ottawa Clutch can upgrade your PP's clamping force and line your clutch disk with new material as specified by you for a good price too. I sent my stock B230 pressure plate along with a BMW clutch disk (I'm running a Getrag 265) and the clutch holds like a champ! I have yet to dyno this thing but I guess I'm close to 400/400.

http://www.ottawaclutch.com/

There has to be someone in Europe that can do the same. My clutch/PP came at around $400 for both.

ja 3. gang stop ring geschweisst wie alle hier empfehlen und sagen.
hab noch ein 960 m90 was ich auch noch bruzzeln muss kommt hinter ein t5 im 242.

kriege die 850r bei volvo original f?r 250 falls da interesse bestehen sollte.
ich nehm bei meinen anderen autos immer gedrehte ausr?cklager von sachs, muss mal gucken ob es sowas auch f?r unsere volvos gibt. dem original traue ch nicht so mit strammer kupplung.

wie heisst die seite wo es die verst?rkte gibt?

ungefederte sinter kupplung schon mal gefahren?

Gr??e

ja 3. gang stop ring geschweisst wie alle hier empfehlen und sagen.
hab noch ein 960 m90 was ich auch noch bruzzeln muss kommt hinter ein t5 im 242.

kriege die 850r bei volvo original f?r 250 falls da interesse bestehen sollte.
ich nehm bei meinen anderen autos immer gedrehte ausr?cklager von sachs, muss mal gucken ob es sowas auch f?r unsere volvos gibt. dem original traue ch nicht so mit strammer kupplung.

wie heisst die seite wo es die verst?rkte gibt?

ungefederte sinter kupplung schon mal gefahren?

Gr??e

Moin,

Ne ungefedert bin ich noch nicht gefahren.. ist aber auch nicht unbedingt mein DailyDriver sondern eher StreetRacer ;) Je dreckiger je besser hehe :D

Hau mir ma deine Nummer per KM r?ber wenn du Bock hast.

I have one of these (SM repl. for DM)bought through Kalmar Union - the offset on the PP standoffs is not designed for aftermarket clutches - I found out when the fingers went in over-center & didn't come back out.

IMG_0721.jpg

I had to shim the PP out .050" to get the correct depth for the Spec Stage III+ disc (9mm), but that was apparently only a temporary solution, as it now slips in peak torque range (4.5-5Krpm).

IMG_0786.jpg

I have to remove it again & have the flywheel cut back to proper depth for the Spec clutch.

The point is, if you're going with an aftermarket clutch, make sure the offset of the flywheel is correct for the clutch you want to use.

TTV can provide a flywheel with a bolt pattern and locating dowels for the Sachs SRE -765 pressure plate as well. That one is originally meant for E34 M5, and will transmit even more torque than the -707, and is cheaper to buy as well. I bought a steel flywheel for a redblock engine and for the -765 pressure plate from TTV in 2011.

That's a brute clutch setup. The -765 pressure plate is rated for 600 Nm with stock disc or 750-800 Nm with a sintered disc.

What gearbox are you using a Volvo M90 or BMW (ZF?) gearbox.

So if you want an ueberstrong clutch for the M90, all you need is a stock 240 mm volvo M90 clutch disc (850R) or a sintered 240 mm volvo clutch plate. Right?

Back from the dead I know, but I got the same probl?me here.
Maddog, did you solve your problem? I am in the same boat : TTV flywheel, 850R clutch and Sachs pressure plate.
All this setup is 150km old, and as soon as I get on boost, bam clutch slips bad.
Does it need bedding? If so how?
I should also say that the hydraulic clutch is soooo smooth. I have a custom pedal on this 244, and I never had a clutch that is so light.

What sort of power level are you at? I doubt (no offence) that you are at a point where the clutch should be slipping.

How did you extend the pivot ball or pushrod? Perhaps you always have some pressure on the plate stopping it getting full clamping force. The clutch should be light but if the bearing is always pressing on the plate it would make the pedal lighter.
The only other possible is there oil leaking getting onto the flywheel/clutch?

As a side note I now now stock the TTV flywheel to take the 707 pressure plate for the higher power B230's where the 850 clutch is not enough

From the top of my head, I put 5.5mm worth of washers under the pivot point screw.
I doubt having oil in the system but I'll keep that in mind.

Back