• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Cheap Chinese tires seem okay!

I understand why you wouldn't run them, but my handling is sooooo much better now! If it weren't for the Wilt Chamberlain suspension height causing body roll, I think Ragnar would be the best handling car I've owned. Once I get him dropped a couple coils, this is gonna be a really fun car!

I understand why you wouldn't run them, but my handling is sooooo much better now! If it weren't for the Wilt Chamberlain suspension height causing body roll, I think Ragnar would be the best handling car I've owned. Once I get him dropped a couple coils, this is gonna be a really fun car!

Autotragic?

Mine came from Walmart's website. Had them put on at Walmart. My wife works there, so discounts abounded. Cost under $200 for four tires, installed, free lifetime rotation.

The part about walmart putting them on worries me more than getting them from walmart.

Don't forget about properly seasoning it on HF jackstands for a couple years whilst dreaming about big powah 'goals'.

I'm skipping this one. No engine swaps or +T for me. Just lower stance. Then drive until explosion. When I want a powerful car, I'll just go buy one. My wife's next car is likely to be a Ford Crown Victoria police interceptor, and while not a muscle car, they are alot more powerful than the Volvo. I'll drive it when I want to stomp the accelerator pedal and get the feels.

Mine came from Walmart's website. Had them put on at Walmart. My wife works there, so discounts abounded. Cost under $200 for four tires, installed, free lifetime rotation.

A) Losing a lug nut is spooky, when it's the tire guy. Hopefully they didn't lose or forget anything else ?
B) I try to have valve stems replaced if getting new tires (many shops won't even bother to ask)
C) "Lifetime Rotation" is great, at a shop that doesn't lose parts. Do it yourself, or learn how to do it. Tires & Brakes = safety

I have a set of 205/65-15 on Virgo wheels("rims") I picked up for the wheels, so I 'll be able to test for size on the (240)wagon to see if it's a size that works for my purposes. They look a bit large, hmm ?

You shouldn't have an issue with that setup. That is a common size combo.

I have a set of 205/65-15 on Virgo wheels("rims") I picked up for the wheels, so I 'll be able to test for size on the (240)wagon to see if it's a size that works for my purposes. They look a bit large, hmm ?

205/65R15 is 1/4 inch larger in diameter than a 215/60R15. 215/60R15 is pushing it a bit, it changes the shift points enough to make it miserable to drive the car any slower than 62 mph.

Just a brief update on the cheap Westlake tires: so far, so good. I still like the road feel, the general quietness, the improved handling. It's only been a little over a month, of course. Just, you know, no blowouts or weird, distressing events. I will update this thread again in a few months.

Back