• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's S90

Mr.Borrie

The Sneaky F*ing Ukrainian
Since the beginning of 2014 i have been looking for a car to replace my daily 740. Due to some tax changes i knew that from 2014 it would be wiser to start driving something newer. Also my job sort of requires me to drive something other then a rusted and dented 700 series.

I had played with the idea of a jaguar as seen here http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=294766

Though somehow i don't want to leave the Volvo's and while looking i ran into a real nice looking S90 on LPG. This car is in good shape for 16 years old only the interior could use a clean up.

I got bills with it from the last 4 years that show a investment of over 10K that includes a rebuild of the engine 2 years ago. It has the 3 liter engine and all the options i want, even a option i usually don't care for. working A/C. Also got this neat radio with bluetooth and carkit that i should have gotten long ago..

All in all a nice DD car to show up at work with and do the normal driving kilometers with.

foto+1.JPG

image.jpeg

showthread.php

foto+2.JPG

foto+3.JPG

foto+4.JPG

Last edited:
Last weekend i replaced the leaking clamp on the S90. First time i had it with the wheels of the floor. God this car looks so clean even from the underside. The bellypan plate still has the Volvo sticker on it. Dont think i ever seen one thats not broken before.
foto+1.JPG

foto+2.JPG

foto+3.JPG

I did found this odd suspension bar/brace that looks to be after market? the welds are not perfect on it. Could be a re weld and OEM but never saw one on my 960's i have had before.
foto.JPG

Sweet looking ride man!

Greenish looking color right? Does it have a tan interior? 'Cause that's the most 'grampa' colorcombo you could have, yet it's the most awesome as well.

Gonna turbo it?

Sweet looking ride man!

Greenish looking color right? Does it have a tan interior? 'Cause that's the most 'grampa' colorcombo you could have, yet it's the most awesome as well.

Gonna turbo it?

Thanks allot, its a great daily drive! Its racing green and tan half leather/alcantara with wood trims. Pretty "grampa' so it works well for me :oogle:

No turbo's for this just regular maintenance although the rebuild white block with overbore pistons would be fun for turbaux

FYI that lower chassis brace under the transmission is factory. All 1995+ 960/S/V90s have them.

It looks pretty bad welded for OEM.. ohwell

Ooooooo, I think I've only ever seen one other S90 with the tan S90 SE seats. Congrats.

Thanks! yeah car has been really good so far, only one tire went bad because some crap got in it. Had it fitted with a umbrella (take the wheel of and fix it) so hope it will stay. The reservoir has been leaky so replaced that today. Hope she i now all ready for the trip to Italy- Rome in a few days :zeeall:

foto+1.JPG

foto+3.JPG

foto+2.JPG

Few weeks ago i took the S90 on a trip trough europe with the destiantion set for italy, Rome.. Center of Rome that is! We drove from the Netherlands trough Germany into switserland where we stayed for the night spend the morning walking around then proceeded trough italy where we stayed another night in a huge mention and gravel driveway.

The next day we drove into Rome where i seemed like a fish in the water with high tempered italians on the road. I loved it!

Saw a whole bunch of things and took the S90 to the beach somewhere in the middle and after 8 days we drove back. This is what S90’s are made for.. the MPG was great and the ride was sublime.. Perfect, perfect DD device.

Germany:
foto%2B3.JPG

Swiss:
foto%2B1.JPG

foto%2B4.JPG

foto.JPG

Italy:
foto%2B1.JPG

foto%2B2.JPG

foto%2B2.JPG

foto%2B3.JPG

foto%2B4.JPG

foto%2B5.JPG

I've been enamored with the prospect of a 960/v90 myself for the same reasons, it's the perfect daily driver volvo. It's a shame we don't have manuals here. I really like the color!

I've been enamored with the prospect of a 960/v90 myself for the same reasons, it's the perfect daily driver volvo. It's a shame we don't have manuals here. I really like the color!

It might not be the most exiting read but yes this is a great DD car and i just like to keep a record on what i do on a car even if its just my DD. I can really recommend the late model 960/S90/V90 cars.

I went to a Volvo fair and found some used but still nice thick floor mats.

Today I replaced the front brakepads... i guess the italy trip took its toll on them...

foto%2B1.JPG

foto%2B2.JPG

foto%2B3.JPG

Back