• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 75 242 DL

Yep.

So the lady who hit me was distracted by her phone... she admits it also... cop didn't write a tricked... go figure that one.

I gave them a few people to contact if needed.

Thanks everyone for the help. Means a lot to me.

Cop is both wrong and an *******. I would escalate that up his change of command. Then again, I do like to pick fights.

14449016_10207666068424880_5725084631795757837_n.jpg

80 gle?

Edit;

In your area...

1979 Volvo 244

98929d93-2bbd-4be0-b5f9-5674abdc6ca7.JPG

Last edited:
Update...

I had problems with the current body shop. Found a local shop that does classic cars.
He does excellent work. He will be able to repair the fender. He prefers to work with the original parts when he can.

Update...

I had problems with the current body shop. Found a local shop that does classic cars.
He does excellent work. He will be able to repair the fender. He prefers to work with the original parts when he can.

That's good news. Still really bummed to see this happen. Like many people on here, yours is one of my favorite cars on TB right now.

Any updates?

Metal work is supposedly done on the car. Parts have been shipped to body shop.
Shop will test fit parts then it will be painted.

Update and rant...

The other insurance company has yet to make a determination on who's at fault.

Their 40 days of legal stalling has come and went. The DOI have been notified.
The DOI will get involved now it's past the 40days.

Police report, my insurance company, and the lady being distracted put her at 100% at fault. Why her insurance company is delaying is simple. They don't want to pay for anything they don't have to.

Car rentals fees and storage time (if applicable) they will not cover for any delays. Her insurance company has been nothing but rude to me through this whole mess.

We'll see what the DOI determines soon, but the car should hopefully be done sometime this or next week.

I guess I should get my new engine made for the car so I can finish the boost project and this car can be done.

She hits me. Crinkles the fender. And I have to suffer over a month of back and forth with these incompetent companies, trying to figure out what I already explained to them... mean while, her new pos SUV is probably fixed and she is on her way. Insurance is a scam. If we weren't forced by law to have insurance, I'm pretty sure more people would not have it and they might be a little more responsible when They should be driving.

/end rant

Hoping that I can skip taking them to court, but they are really pushing me to take legal action.

Forgive the spelling and grammar. These crappie products have horrible spell/ grammar corrections.

Tomorrow's a new day, but unfortunately, I can't enjoy the short commute to work because of this pos rental.

/really end rent this time. Lol

Most of the parts are at the body shop now. He is fitting them and the car will get painted tomorrow.

If the last few missing parts are acquired in time, the car should be done by Friday.

Then the battle with the insurance company will still continue....

Entire car getting painted?

It's just local repaire and paint. Insurance company would never pay for the whole car to be repainted. Bunch of cheap asses...

The more a look at it, the more I don't want to repainted the whole car. The body shop guy didn't like the idea of doing the whole thing anyways. He likes the look of it now with the character it's has now.

Maybe in the future I'll restore the whole car.

I had USAA for years, then my wife got rear ended by another usaa member and they jerked me around for months while I paid for the repairs out of pocket (sorta like what you're doing)

It was a nightmare. I hope met life takes care of you eventually.

It's finally home. Now I'm just waiting for a few more items and invoice, then it will be closed out.

Only images I have so far from phone. I parked the car at home and I am back at work.

Never know it was hit.

PalmersCustoms in Moorpark, CA. Did the bodywork.

The car will not leave the drive way until it has a new engine now.

Last edited:
Sad to see the damage but the repair looks great. I too would enjoy eye-f**king the sh*t out of this car at Davis!

It's finally home. Now I'm just waiting for a few more items and invoice, then it will be closed out.

Only images I have so far from phone. I parked the car at home and I am back at work.

Never know it was hit.

PalmersCustoms in Moorpark, CA. Did the bodywork.

The car will not leave the drive way until it has a new engine now.

This looks great! Very happy to see it is back together. Can't wait to see this thing in person someday

That repair work looks excellent. I am glad to see it back together again, as I am sure you are happy to have it fixed. Still planning on the supercharger?

Back