• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

89 Volvo LM7 engine swap Drift Project

The DOHC heads don't flow that well standard, ...

what would be "that" well, just so i have a scale to work with? ... like, how many cfm at 28in and what lift?
the stock 16v head data i've seen posted on this website are pretty impressive in my mind.

Volvo gauge cluster was in the garbage long ago:) and the 240sx one is resting in its place.

I'm just wiring in my innovate wideband, egt, and boost gauge.

Looking into driveshaft shops so I can get it modded when the next payday comes around.

Thats all thats left before she should be driving under her own power.

Got to lower the front swaybar to clear the oil pan, cut the front springs so it sits moar gangsta.

So close, I need to get a ton of pics of it almost done.

Well, made some progress, just need to wait for Gavin to post the burnout vids.

It overheated a bit too much and blew the top tank on the rad and slewged all over the crank sensor and a bunch of other things motor seems ok though, just need to clean it. Turbo was kinda red hot too.

be careful bro,what about throwin a koyo in it? two e-fans yada yada yada. pull the thermostat see if it still overheats. obvi make sure it's burped, the intake mani has a bleeder bolt.

there was no fan hooked up yet and it wasn't overheating for long. It's running fine now, just need to mount my aluminum rad and hook up some fans. Been a rough week, so the car might be put of to the side for a week or two.

You stole my idea! It's totaly *itchin! Any pointers you can give me? I have a 79 242GT that I am gutting to be my racer. It was free and I have been comtemplating a redblock with 234 head and custom turbo setup, KA24DET, or SR20. Totaly awesome though.

this build makes me happy. all my drift friends are all about 240's and this would be a great hybrid between both the volvo and nissan. plus you can say you have a 240 that you drift in just like theres, only you can hit **** and drive away

Just about the worst idea ever.

But...Props for doin stuff.

I decided to do it while I was high on crack, but then I became sober and realized that even not high on crack it is a good idea and you can get these balls:-D

Rad is all fixed and sensors cleaned out and its running good now. Took it for another drive, need to adjust the clutch. I'm stoked :cool:

oh great idea.. wish it thought of doing this hahahaha
i didn't realise there was some else doing, its great swap mate you wont be disappointed with it..

if you need to know anything just shoot me a PM and ill help ya with anything i can..!!

It is kind of a strange idea. SR20s are popular because the balance a near perfect weight ratio for drifting in S13s and S14s. They aren't necessarily a holy drift motor. I think it would of been easier to do a boosted b230/4 or a T6/B6304... but thats just me.

HOWEVER

Props for tryin something different. Hope all goes well man! Lets see that beast sideways when you're done!

this is bad ass. Forget the haters. I dont know if this should be the place for discussion on the topic that is heavily discussed already. But I also was thinking of doing this or someone else said a KA24DET stock 240 motor. I've been bouncing around the idea of doing a KA turbo. I know the motors better and parts are cheaper and much more redialy available and gobs of torque for not much $$$$....hmmmmm

keep up the good work!

Back