• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Speeduino an alternate to Megasquirt.

These projects seem to loose momentum after they get a few running and realise the flaws require a complete rewrite and or more expensive hardware to fix said flaws.

whats so bad about microsquirt? the fact that tons of people use it and there is support all over the internet? oh yea that sucks big time:roll:

I don't think anyone really thinks MS is bad, unless they just need to justify in their minds why they spent more on something else.

But from the viewpoint of a developer...

...which loves sending "cease and desist" letters ...

...that's a bummer!

To audrey: That kind of chat is inflammatory. Can you prove this has been done and elaborate on the circumstances?

That all said, competition is a good thing. Even if it's just a threat of competition, I have to believe Megasquirt has been nothing short of disruptive to other stand alone producers.

MegaSquirt not MicroSquirt.

MS2 with a v3.0 mainboard is the way to go.

Far too many buy a MicroSquirt and them try to make it do the things a MS2 can do and have a less than stellar experience.

That all said, competition is a good thing. Even if it's just a threat of competition, I have to believe Megasquirt has been nothing short of disruptive to other stand alone producers.

I believe Bowling and Grippo take to task the "developers" that take their (B&G) schematics, rearrange them on a different board, call the design their own and then sell them... at least that's how I understand it.... I could be mistaken.

It can't do sequential injection or coil on plug for a V8 I believe.

You're right. The one limitation of microsquirt that I've found is the limited fuel outputs. But that is offset by the cost, size, and available support in my opinion. Plus you don't have to use a DB37.

It can. Well, maybe not sequential, but sloppy mechanics sells a plug and play microsquirt for LS swaps.

You can control as many cylinders as you want, but you only have two fuel channels. So for controlling a V8 there are two fuel banks of 4 cylinders. So far from sequential.

It can't do sequential injection or coil on plug for a V8 I believe.

neither can an ms2. the closest you can get is fully sequential with 4 cylinders and additional circuitry. To which I would say... if you can't get it working with a micro, you're going to have a hell of a time getting it working with ms2 and building out additional circuits. Just sayin'.

It can. Well, maybe not sequential, but sloppy mechanics sells a plug and play microsquirt for LS swaps.

edit:// An LS is considered COP yes? Not Coil near plug, or whatever the hell they call it?

ls coils are CNP, but it's a coil per hole. Micro runs LS engines in wasted spark mode.

You're right. The one limitation of microsquirt that I've found is the limited fuel outputs. But that is offset by the cost, size, and available support in my opinion. Plus you don't have to use a DB37.

It's a budget ecu that's fantastic for *most* people... and doesn't require assembly..

You can control as many cylinders as you want, but you only have two fuel channels. So for controlling a V8 there are two fuel banks of 4 cylinders. So far from sequential.

well... yes to a certain extent. it also largely depends on how things are set up.

You get cease and desist letters from B&G when you use megasquirt software on unlicensed hardware. It is *not* freeware and it is not really open source.

So crying about breaking IP law generally just means that you're a hack who can't or won't code up your own junk.

i got microsquirt on my 5.3. its simple and cheap and its known to be capable of good power. also it doesnt have the printer cable....

yeah hindsight is a bitch on stuff like that. I find it better to hold off on starting a project before there's a clear path to victory. sometimes this is not always plausible, but at least it's a good rule of thumb ;)

yeah hindsight is a bitch on stuff like that. I find it better to hold off on starting a project before there's a clear path to victory. sometimes this is not always plausible, but at least it's a good rule of thumb ;)

It's been motivation honestly. Sold redblock and t5, bought 2j and w58, have everything except motor mounts, and motivation has fallen to less than rock bottom.

Now I'm moments away from pulling the trigger on a GTX kit for the Fiesta :lol:

Back