• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

anyone else jb weld their junction box?

Krisverde

Well turns out the junction box i got only has holes for 6 lines, mine has 8 (sonofabitchpileofmonkeynuts) so i pulled a tbrickers move by pulling out the sensor and blown out gasket and jbwelded that bastard. Has anyone else done this? and how did it hold up?

i would NEVER plug my brake system with JB weld. why don't you just swap the sensors.

edit:// driving down the road: "gahh piece of jbweld just flew through the hood! i have no brakes! ahhh i jbwelded the ebrake cable too! i can't stop!" :hits tree:

if you use JBweld properly no reason it would not last.

I know of a certain Intercooler that has had JBweld on it for the last 4+years and seen 3 summers of AZ heat w/o any issues or leaks

if you use JBweld properly no reason it would not last.

I know of a certain Intercooler that has had JBweld on it for the last 4+years and seen 3 summers of AZ heat w/o any issues or leaks

intercooler is different than a safety system, it may stay for a long time but if it were me i would take the time to do it properly so i feel safe. maybe it lasts for years but one day in a panic brake situation it pops out and you have an accident, no good.

well its holding up so far, i FINALLY got it done. Bled the brakes took it for a spin stopped quick a few times, seems to be holding up
Just a temp fix for now, i will be buying a new one when i get more money.

Those bitches suck. . take too long to change, and pricey as all hell.

Good things I gots spares.

Starting to get better at pulling it off. PUlled it off in 15-20 min? give or take? Last time it took me forever, but i will be buying a new one, once i get more money and a better job.

i would NEVER plug my brake system with JB weld. why don't you just swap the sensors.

edit:// driving down the road: "gahh piece of jbweld just flew through the hood! i have no brakes! ahhh i jbwelded the ebrake cable too! i can't stop!" :hits tree:

You're misunderstanding the junction block. If the JB-welded sensor ever saw any significant pressure, your worries would be much much greater than that of a small leak.

There's a reason that a goddamned plastic sensor was considered good enough by Volvo to go where it goes.

Hey, unplug the sensor completely and see if you can still stop. You may be surprised.

Back