• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's RWD Experience, '84 242 TI

just get some 20mm adapters from motorsports tech, +0 with 8" wheels fits perfect

Dave Barton FTW on getting stickers made. Custom diameter for bmw center caps
DSC01141-1.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

A bit of an update...I've been trying to get the things I need in to turbo this thing still. The stock fuel system is ruined, so this week I bought new push lock lines and an aeromotive filter for it from summit, -8AN feed and -6AN return should be plenty. They will replace my stock lines that I burnt in half while welding the floor pan and patched together with autozone hose and hose clamps. I dropped a 3" in/out ebay intercooler in it that I got from a guy at volvo of cary for a good price, and this led me to relocating the battery to the trunk so I can get pipe to it in the future. So wanting to be legit and all that I got a moroso sealed battery box off of jegs. I was going to mount it over the gas tank behind the back seat, but getting the battery out would mean unbolting the box from the chassis every time. So I opted for the pass side butt cheek. I made a tray out of some steel plate and reinforced the bottom with some box tube and welded it in. Holes were then drilled and the box was bolted to the tray.
0724111352.jpg

0725111627.jpg

It turned out really nice imo, I'm going to cut out a piece of sheet aluminum to fill the gap in the back and trim the carpet accordingly. Also recently arrived are weld-els from king metals, a 3" mandrel bent exhaust kit from mandrel bending solutions and a r-sport cluster. Things still in the mail at this time are yoshifab header flanges, ebay type rs bov, flex pipe and a test fit adaptor for the style 5s. Really the critical thing right now is to get the flanges in so that I can get working on the header, as thats the biggest thing holding me up at this point. I'm probably going to end up buying a Tial MVR 44mm wastegate by the end of the night, along with an oil return flange for the holset.

I also found a nifty Z28 spoiler at the pull a part for $20. It just needs some minor trimming and paint, I also have to strip the horrible tint off of the 3rd brake light, but it should look awesome with a couple hours of work put into it.
0803112013.jpg

Does anyone know where to buy fuel injectors? 5.0 motorsports still reliable? I'm thinking 1000s...

Last edited:
I was go-kart racing this weekend so I didn't really get time to do anything, but I did get to refinish the z28 spoiler and put it on. No holes drilled, I just used 3m double stick body tape to attach it. So far so good, its reallly on there, and I think it looks damn good.
DSC01181.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

Yeah man having a 3rd brake light is awesome, I feel much better about braking hard with idiots behind me.

that is seriously one of the best 240 spoilers I've ever seen. I was convinced I wasn't going to do one for my car, simply because none looked "right" to me.

not only does that look totally awesome, but the 3rd brake light is an awesome feature too.

I'mma need to find me one of those.

Nice! I think the Z-28 spoiler was one of the best contributions on TB that I happily made! Looks good!
What the heck is up with auto-double posts here!

Yeah I think they switched to the 3rd brake light in 87? Without having them side by side I think thats the only difference between ours. Mine came off of a 90 z28.

Nice find on those BMW rims. Those are IMHO some of the best looking rims out there. If I ever come across a set that's reasonable I'm going to pick them up.

Most of my parts finally all got here, I'm going to start working on my collector tomorrow. I bought 10' of sch 40 pipe at home depot lol. It was the only pipe I could find in 1.5" and it was the same price as 3' would have been online.

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

New Tial MVR, sure is pretty

Back