• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Post pics of your Volvo.

E89867FF-BA75-45CA-8005-3D705CED810F_zpst15lhvdb.jpg

:ninja:

Picked this up in August last year to replace my Mercedes 300E as a daily driver. 1997 855R with 140,xxx miles (odometer wasn't working is now). Bone stock except for wheels and a mild tune. So far love it and plan on keeping it stock.

No snow on the ground, but passenger door now has a piece of moulding on it. A dirty piece. Going to leave the snowies on for a couple weeks, just in case mother nature decides to send more cold "cocaine" (aka snow) our way... Should have them off by the time XXX rolls around.

-J

...Been swapping the black interior parts over to the '92 and decided, instead of having both wagons with a black interior, that I would convert the 245Ti over to a tan leather interior, like the '85 245Ti that was at the 1996 iPd garage sale being sold by Scott Hart. Am mostly done with the cargo area. Just need to swap the wheel arch covers and install the tan leather rear seat in the 245Ti and move the black seat from it over to the '92, replacing the less-nice black leather seat I installed in the car a couple years ago....

Tan on black looks sweet

volvo_244_by_thorwedd-dayihhv.jpg

volvo_245_by_thorwedd-dayihto.jpg

Cars look better taken with a potato from a distance...

^Not bad. Gray 245 looks decent.

Door has been replaced on the 242 finally. Also replaced carpeting in the front section, the passenger seat (yes, 4-door seat, so I have to add the 2-door tilting mechanism), and the driver's side kick panel. Plus, switched to an early M46 knob.

Interior...

Door...

Shift knob...

Pattern cap is the old one from my 245Ti. So, it has a crack. But, even with the cracked cap, the knob feels much better than the rubberized knobs used on the 1981 and newer cars. Less likely to go flying when shifting from 1st to 2nd quickly, too. Once tried to remove one at a yard in Canada. Figured it'd just pull off. Smacked the back of my hand and my wrist into the headliner of the car I removed the knob from. Had to pull that hard.

-J

Picked this up in August last year to replace my Mercedes 300E as a daily driver. 1997 855R with 140,xxx miles (odometer wasn't working is now). Bone stock except for wheels and a mild tune. So far love it and plan on keeping it stock.

pics of said 300E or it didn't happen.

Better pic showing the uncreased passenger door.

All lit up. Fogs were from the blue 245. Swapped them over to it on Monday.

-J

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/0wHm4"><a href="//imgur.com/a/0wHm4">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back