• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another B234FT Conversion..

Yeah.. right now I am again in a Situation where i need to find out what to do.

That 5 day trial really kicked me going back to business and finish this thing, but the Problem is heres a bit rust and theres a bit "maintainance jam" ^^next to all the blingbling parts. This is going to be fixed, but.. in the End i have an engine which doesnt run good with the software i have and I really dont want to bother again with that crappy LH.. i sunk so much money in this pile and i dont want to spend any cent on going further with LH.. Also it wont pass the dyno test which is required for getting t?v again. when it only would need to pass emissions there were zeoro problems at all.. but that dyno where the t?v guys need to say, yep: thats reasonable is a big problem when it gets lean so much ;)

I totally often wrote here: "this winter im going MS2, MS3, MS3x then VEMS".. I now got a pretty good shot at an "old" blue LinkG4 Storm.. do it? Seems like the engine must get out again to fix some rust problems in the bay.. on that turn i could open the engine again and look at all the things I#ve done to it.. years ago ;) and install the yoshifab DSM CAS i have laying around for going full seq. ?? Darn...

I even bought a cheap 250cc quad this spring, only because i doesnt want to sit under my car again when all my garage buddies having fun with their toys in summer :D

opened the diff.. now the axle overhaul starts together with subframe strenghthening and fabbing adj torque arms out of stainless..

also i will need to do some derusting and preventure when the axle is out.

got the axle out.. ordered some brantho korrux antrazit glimmer for all the susoension parts.. subframe is going to be welded and the axle will get a rebuild of all parts..

made no pics..

somebody reinforced their trailingarms? would be interested in some pics ;)

So.. finally found my digicam :)

Bought some Brantho Korrux 3in1 antirust, much better than Hammerite, dissassembled the whole axle, derusted all parts with a brushplate on my anglegrinde, found some rust under my Hausser skirts, lined up all axlebearings for everyones education, dezinced the weldingspots on my subframe, welded it and so on.. :)

DSCF4935.JPG

DSCF4936.JPG

DSCF4937.JPG

DSCF4938.JPG

DSCF4939.JPG

DSCF4940.JPG

DSCF4941.JPG

DSCF4942.JPG

DSCF4943.JPG

DSCF4944.JPG

DSCF4945.JPG

DSCF4946.JPG

DSCF4947.JPG

DSCF4948.JPG

DSCF4949.JPG

DSCF4950.JPG

And the Bearings :)

lager1.jpg

lager2.jpg

lager3.jpg

lager4.jpg

lager5.jpg

lager6.jpg

lager7.jpg

Last edited:
Some Updates..

Welded the Frame completely and painted some other suspension parts

Cleaned the diffhousing a bit from shm00
DSCF4964.JPG

DSCF4965.JPG

Looksy.. i was hunting.. ;)
DSCF4966.JPG

DSCF4967.JPG

DSCF4968.JPG

DSCF4969.JPG

DSCF4970.JPG

Made some new sheets to adapt to that bendingarea around these thorns which go into the rubbermounts, welded them also shut.
DSCF4971.JPG

DSCF4972.JPG

DSCF4973.JPG

IPd blue isnt that great ;)
DSCF4974.JPG

Dont know if you guys know fertan, but it is awesome for rustconverting and it has an unbelievable stink to it..
DSCF4975.JPG

Brantho Korrux.. best antirust and preventionpaint you can find out there..
DSCF4958.JPG

The gun i sprayed it on with.. you need to add nitrothinner or it wont leave the tank ;)
DSCF4959.JPG

Oh.. and the bearings came in ;)
DSCF4960.JPG

Last edited:
work is on hold again... need to get my Natobitch MOTed first.. it is my daily driver.. it needs to drive.. at least legally :D

Yeah.. some twinscroll action is going on :)

Made a jig for the collector pipes, which really works great!

DSCF5045.JPG

DSCF5046.JPG

DSCF5047.JPG

DSCF5048.JPG

DSCF5049.JPG

DSCF5050.JPG

DSCF5051.JPG

DSCF5052.JPG

DSCF5053.JPG

DSCF5054.JPG

DSCF5055.JPG

DSCF5056.JPG

DSCF5057.JPG

DSCF5058.JPG

DSCF5059.JPG

DSCF5060.JPG

DSCF5061.JPG

DSCF5062.JPG

DSCF5063.JPG

DSCF5064.JPG

DSCF5065.JPG

DSCF5066.JPG

DSCF5067.JPG

Last edited:
Good to see you're working on this thing again. Speaking of rust, check the sealant stuff that seals the panel gap between the firewall and the inner fenders in the engine bay. That dries out with time and then rain water gets between the frame rails and the floor pan, which will start to rust there. Mine had that too. Mine already had holes in the floor. Water seeps between the spotwelded panels.

Back