• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16 valve J-pipe on n/a exhaust mani for Turbo

Devsbeater

Anybody try a j-pipe for mounting a turbo on a 16v n/a exhaust manifold on a 240?

I'm concerned about downpipe clearance between firewall and manifold.

And clearence between the manifold and crossmember for the turn in the j-pipe itself.

Is this concidered "too" hokey.

hokey is as hokey does

125409579.jpg

125409586.jpg

clearance is tight, but it works.

Doing it over again, I'd, do it the way Sam did and put the turbo farther forward at the same time. (ie. so you can use a larger turbo)
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=209952&highlight=roadracer4life&page=5
127794934.jpg

I also think going from 4-2- turbo is better than the 4-1 pipe. Can imagine it affects the pulses etc. A lot of people on savar run a J/U pipe. They use 4-2- turbo setups.
I've also used a 4-2- turbo configuration. Haven't tried it yet, will do within the next few weeks.

Ok cool, I'll try it then. Atleast until I make can make a nice manifold.

Doing it over again, I'd, do it the way Sam did and put the turbo farther forward at the same time. (ie. so you can use a larger turbo)

Thats what I was kinda thinking too.

Thank you for the pics:)

That last dual pipe one looks really nice.

that one is going on sam's 245 whenever he gets off his dead ass and starts putting it back together (or... maybe that's whenever rsi gets off their dead asses and lets him buy a cam)

Back