• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 wheel hub differences?

VolvoGLT

Skandix says that Volvo used a different wheel hub for the earlier models (until 1978) and the later ones (1979 up). Does a 1980 hub fit on the later strut housings that were used after 1981? The later spindles are thicker and require different wheel bearings - just not sure if the outer diameter is the same or different between early and later strut housings.

Will the newer bearings fit into older hubs?

My rockauto research shows the newer/older bearings with an OD of 60mm vs 59.1mm for the outers and 46mm vs 45.2 for the inners. Does that fraction of a mm make a crucial difference?

Thanks guys, looks like I'll get the hubs as well then (doing a complete suspension rebuild on my 1980 GLT and will upgrade the strut housings to the later style).

Skandix should update their wheel hub info.. 1980 is kinda like the red headed step child: for hubs they say up to 1979 and for struts they say 1981 onwards lol

Back