• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

fuel pump issues AGAIN!

yarchlrl

Has anyone gone to a single fuel pump and avoided this BS in tank issue yet? I am sure someone has. If so, can you post what pump and supplies you used?

Thank you ...

I's be searching for the cause of the failing pumps. My guess is that it's not the pumps that are at fault.

First two were warranty due to impeller cracks. They were great about replacing them but, all this install remove stuff is for the birds. I dont know why THIS one failed yet as it is still in the tank until the new DW300 arrives. Just ordered it.

Which airtex pump have you been installing? I installed the one that Art recommends in this writeup. It's an airtex E8778, and mine has been going for over 2 years.

First two were warranty due to impeller cracks. They were great about replacing them but, all this install remove stuff is for the birds. I dont know why THIS one failed yet as it is still in the tank until the new DW300 arrives. Just ordered it.

Well you know the reason for the 1st two,cracked impellers.That's not on you bud.Soo you are really talking about the 8878. I installed one in my 740 wagon a while back and did not solder it good enough.That one was on me! Don't want to imagine what could of happened.:-(

I bet it's a wiring issue. My original in tank pump never failed, but the electrical feed through on the top of the sending unit did. There was continuity and it put 12v to the pump, but it could not pass enough current to power the pump.

So I replaced the the in tank pump with the airtex, and replaced the sending unit.

I bet it's a wiring issue. My original in tank pump never failed, but the electrical feed through on the top of the sending unit did. There was continuity and it put 12v to the pump, but it could not pass enough current to power the pump.

So I replaced the the in tank pump with the airtex, and replaced the sending unit.

sending unit is 9 months old, OEM, checks out fine. wires are fine. Put a new ground bolt in for the pump as well. Just a dead pump.

I installed one pump in the tank. It wasnt bad and works great. Reason I did it was for simplicity and both my pumps were shot. I ran new wiring and did fuel pump relay mod. I can can give you part number if you need it.

I have a DW300 on my GLH and DW200 on my 850.

3 year no fault warranty, SUPER quiet, flow plenty, and I don't have to worry about fakes pumps since I can buy directly from factory.

Works for me.

Back