• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

volvo polaris wheels

i need some centers for gemini's. Volvo stopped making them. I need two...Anybody have a couple lying around?

Hi iPdVolvo245

i need some centers for gemini's. Volvo stopped making them. I need two...Anybody have a couple lying around?

I bought a new centre cap for my gemini's a while ago from volvo Australia. It cost me Aus$65 if you didn't have any luck with the dealer you went to try another dealer

Get new Rubber O ring and you won't lose anymore centre caps

stylngle2003 said:
these are argons
36237177.jpg

they are 15x6.5 and look like they would make awesome autocross/track wheels, and kinda remind me of volk racing ce28's
Billy, I've been looking for a set of these for my S70. They are really hard to come by. I don't think they were ever standard on US issue cars. On most sites they are listed as optional wheels for S80's. Rob told me that no S80's in the US were sold with 15" rims..... Perhaps someone with an S60 optioned them?

They are something rediculous like 14 lbs. I found the specs once... They do look like volks, especially if they were bronzed...

Chris

funny you should say that chris, thats EXACTLY what i was planning to do if i found a set...but yea, they are ridiculously light, but i cant find anyone whos ever even seen them, so we may be searching for our Elanor's here :-(

blu92in99 said:
... so the chances of stumbling across a set in the junkyards is about 10,000,000:1 here in the states.
I was very very lucky. I found a set of Polaris at a local volvo junk yard back in 97. I was planning on putting them on my 262C. I paid $550.00 dollars for the whole set with tires. I had them for a few years but ran into money problems and had to sell them. I said to myself "If I can get $1700.00 for the I'll sell them". So I put an add on ipd's web site, and they were gone in less than a week. This year at the same yard I found three more Polaris, I paid $650.00 for them, but I couldn't locate a forth. I had stayed in contact with the guy I sold the original set to, and I remembered he said that he had bought three bent ones of a guy where he lives. I told him If he mailed me all three I would fix them, keep one, and send the other two back to him. He agreed and thats how I got my forth wheel. And even though I got $1700.00 for the first set, I still regret selling them.

I found a set on a 780 here a few years ago at the yard. 780 had a body kit [looked similar to the airflow kit].

The car looked like it was driven over rocks. The wheels, everyone had multiple bends and iirc, 2 of the 4 were cracked, one was bends, and one was mising a section.

The place wanted ~a grand for the set. No way in hell was i ever going to pay that much, and i had no idea what they were, at the time [when i had my 85 744T].

Now, with this buy, i regret selling 4. I have 2 spares, and i should've jsut sold 2 and kept an even 8 wheels [2 sets], but needed $.

It happens. You feel like crap, but it happens.

blu92in99 said:
I think Noah244Ti had some actual Polaris wheels, not the Eiker replicas, imported about a year or so ago(?), but I don't know what he paid.

-Justin

noah's polaris are eiker replicas, and the wheels were 600.00 for all 4, but shipping them was the expensive part...... 700.00 if i remember correctly. so a grand total of 1300.00, plus tires, which were 400.00. but definetly better than having to buy originals new at 1200.00 a piece........thats just discusting

-RYAN-

TELL ME AS MUCH AS IS KNOW ABOUT THE GALAXY WHEELS, WHAT CARS DID THEY COME ON? A PART NUMBER OR SOMETHING? this is to help the special parson that was at the parts counter at the volvo dealership, to know what they came on, cause he had to know the model of vehicle and what years to be able to find out anything. i say thats kinda cooky.

matt.

Back