• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Spotted your car last night at the byrne road meet Mitch!

Wheels look good and car looks clean!
I came in my Blue Saab, and spotted your car and just had to park beside it!

Zach (Zoomspeed) and I just bought an '89 244. It is currently grill-less. Anybody have a spare 240 grill around?

Thats a big step. You two ready for that:-P

You two going to build some kind of monster race machine?

I would be curious to see the outcome as it sounds like Ryan is having some real fun with his 855!

Spotted your car last night at the byrne road meet Mitch!

Wheels look good and car looks clean!
I came in my Blue Saab, and spotted your car and just had to park beside it!
Thanks!

had I known, I'd have come chat, we watched you pull in even. Saw more than a few tickets handed out there. I think the most common one was for "no horn button."

Oh, and I've got a job now, I'll be driving for Lordco come Wednesday. Hoping that I'll be able to work my way into a counter job there eventually.

Ryan,there was a decent 240 grill out at empire last weekend. It's hiding under a pile of crap in the back of a wagon. There was a less decent one in the engine compartment of the same wagon.
Work might take me to Abbotsford today, if I'm out there I'll check for you if you like.
They go for $30 iirc.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5064857733.html

00o0o_6w6DH17Am3F_600x450.jpg

00s0s_6baMboeJwaN_600x450.jpg

Is it a Turbo? Somehow, I don't think so. Maybe a GL with a B23E?

Ryan,there was a decent 240 grill out at empire last weekend. It's hiding under a pile of crap in the back of a wagon. There was a less decent one in the engine compartment of the same wagon.
Work might take me to Abbotsford today, if I'm out there I'll check for you if you like.
They go for $30 iirc.

Ill check it out. Thanks!

Now whenever Bruce sells a car, I get kind of giddy to see what the replacement will be. :hyper:

M.

So it turns out Mark is a better judge of what I'll do next than I am - or at least he isn't self-deluded. Looks like I've found a cinq and am going to pick it up on Saturday. It's brown with roasted paint and upholstery, but at least it's slow.

https://goo.gl/photos/52ftbAMiR3MJRsuW9

Last edited:
Hey I used to shop at the old Cloverdale Lordco. What ever happened to Wolf? He was manager there and one day Poof - gone, no one would say what happened. I'm thinking he either died or was busted doing something he should not have been doing....

Please tell us you are going to turbocharge it Bruce!

Well it's more of a 'buy & hold' strategy at the moment, since it's cheap and close-ish and the Traction really took a bite out of my play money last year. But, I really should have a turbo at some point, and these did have a turbo option. Turbo carb concept messes with my head a bit.

Back