• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Super stealthy Boost Gauge install

Thanks dudes!
I knew that someone else could like this idea too!

@Jack - it's an Arduino Nano, so you use arduino software + a mini or micro usb cable to program it. Tutorial here -

I actually glued the usb cable to the arduino (dirty way) and routed it under dash, so I can re-program it whenever I want to.

I am also thinking of creating a EGT gauge using the same parts, just a different sensor.
But this wont be for a volvo, but for my 1.9tdi vw, as for diesels EGT is super critical :D

And you can always add a button to it (wire any button to it) and use it to switch between modes n stuff - boost, egt, ambient temp etc. But then i would suggest using a bigger arduino or add extra memory or just write a super good code, so it can store it.

Another idea was to maybe try and make a trip computer out of it, to measure fuel consumption, I read somewhere that lh2.4 actually have a trip computer pin, for those super rare volvos...but that is just an idea right now, I am actually selling my volvo, as I am moving back to Latvia soon. I might get another one there and play around a bit more. hehe

I don't know what an arduino can do, so I'll ask.

Can you run 2 of those displays off of one arduino? I have a 1967 Galaxie and it has cut out sections in the dash where a temperature and oil pressure idiot lights were. Look Here

The light windows are rectangular and about the same size as the Volvo Temp guage window. This would be an awesome way to turn my idiot lights into real guages.

A++ Stealth Factor, A+++ Ingenuity

That 600cc kart you have looks quite fun ;-)

moved this to 'perf. & mods" - I didnt want it getting lost in maintenance. This is brilliant. thanks for sharing!

I don't know what an arduino can do, so I'll ask.

Can you run 2 of those displays off of one arduino? I have a 1967 Galaxie and it has cut out sections in the dash where a temperature and oil pressure idiot lights were. Look Here

The light windows are rectangular and about the same size as the Volvo Temp guage window. This would be an awesome way to turn my idiot lights into real guages.

I have never done it myself, but a quick search for "two I2C displays from on Arduino" does find some info on regards how to do it, I would upgrade to a base arduino uno then, as the nano has a very small memory size + is generally less powerful. Link to something I found

I am waiting for more of those oleds and when i get them I might give it a go on using two screens, two different sensors and different codes on my Arduino Uno.

There are videos too

And I suggest getting a kit like this, as then you have the chance to play around with bunch of cool things.

Last edited:
That's pretty slick! I'm thinking wideband display :)

That would be awesome aswell, just need to buy or build a lamda controller and make it output to arduino, then you can do whatever with that data, even send it to your phone via bluetooth or wifi, or what the heck, make it available online via 4g modem - lol...imagine, a website where people can check your afr as of right now, stupid, but still cool :D

Back