• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Compound Turbocharging A Volvo B230FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as that setup ends up under the hood eventually. Won't the gt45 alone be a bit...big for the little 2.3 though?

I bought an ebay GT3582 and an EMUSA 38mm V-Band WG for the time being, so I don't have to modify anything that I've done to the compound turbo setup. Basically, I'm gonna finish off the intake, fab another header(top mount), and use a 3" FMIC with 2.5" IC tubes and a Forge BOV I have at my shop. Once the new parts show up I'll start laying out another header. This thing will have a big single in no time. :cool:

Up For Grabs!!!

Here it is, If anyone is interested in this stuff I will sell it for the price I have in it for parts plus whatever shipping cost is to get it to you. I have countless hours in this setup, so there is absolutely no way I'm parting it out. All or Nothin'!!!! :)

16T-Freebie
GT45-$280
T4 Flange-$20
GT45 Vband kit-$40
60mm WG-$130
44mm WG-$80
Header Flange-$40
Header Tubes-$40
TD04HL Flange-$35
CBV Blockoff-$15
2.5" Vband-$30
3" Vband-$40
3" Bends-$20
1.75" S/S Flexpipe-$20
2.5" M.Bend-$10
2.25" M.Bends-$20
2.25" Alum IC tube kit-$140
3.25"to2.25" Coupler-$20
4.25"to4" Coupler-$45
(2) 4" Alum 90*-$90
K&N-$45
135* 2.5"to2.25" Coupler-$50 (not so common:lol:)
2"-2.25" Coupler-$20
Random Tbolt Clamps-$25
Material For Lower Rad. Support-$20
(2)Bar and Plate IC's-$150

Grand Total:$1425

I'll finish the IC tube routing to the point of making the last tube from the lower IC to your TB. So, basically you'd need oil feed and drains for both turbos and H2O lines to the 16T, along with (2) Boost controllers, and finish it off with the last IC tube to the TB with a Tial 50mm BOV. Also, you'll need to come up with an alternator bracket on the drivers side.

So you decided to scrap it when most of the fab work was done, just to get a 75 x 50 pixel badge on an internet forum? FINISH IT!!!!!

I would be tempted to weld a 16v flange on this. Haha.

I think it could be done fairly easy, you'd have to upright mount the 16V motor and add some runner to each primary tube to match to the new exh. port location. 16V was my initial plan, but 16V conversions aren't the cheapest, and vert mounting leads to other expensive components. But, HEY!!! It's just money, right?

So you decided to scrap it when most of the fab work was done, just to get a 75 x 50 pixel badge on an internet forum? FINISH IT!!!!!

The fab work is nothing to me. I really enjoyed building this, but I'm just going a different direction(temporarily). (I still have the compound bug) If someone wants to buy it, I'm willing to sell it to give someone else the opportunity to run a setup they may otherwise not have been able to run.

For now, I want to enjoy my car for a bit, which requires me actually finishing it. :lol: I'm going to be pulling the motor out of my 242, bolting up the T5, and installing it in my 244 Diesel. At which point, I will get the MS wired to the motor, and start tuning. :-D

That sucks mate. ****in' RHD, I want this:-(

I got a LHD 1983 242 B23/M46 that I can bolt to it to make you one big package deal!!! The 242 doesn't have butt cheeks and all of the side trim and rocker trim holes have been welded and smoothed too.

I got a LHD 1983 242 B23/M46 that I can bolt to it to make you one big package deal!!! The 242 doesn't have butt cheeks and all of the side trim and rocker trim holes have been welded and smoothed too.

:lol: I wish. I havn't checked up on it in a while. But importing and compliancing to Aus is a shiit fight. Plus the cost wouldn't make it worth it:-(

The price you're asking is rediculously cheap, from a Australian point of view. The GT45 alone here is more than what you're asking for the whole thing.

That setup will be a lot easier to sell and might be worth alot more when its proven and has been run. Right now its just a mish mash of plumbing and parts.

Just finish that ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back