• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Modifying Engine Mounts

I still think slipping a peice of pipe- provided you can find some close to the diameter of the mount- would be a better compromise.

1)less work
2)Safer, as the mounts should still be able to shear in an accident, the pipe just keeps them from being compressed or deforming too much.

Unfortunately this won't keep them from tearing right apart, but if they aren't allowed to deflect as much it may help...

I haven't tried this, but I just remembered it now so I thought I'd leave a note.

ratchet straps. 'nuff said. keeps the motor from torquing over nearly as much under load, thusly preserving damage to said motor mounts. In a wreck it might make for an interesting post wreck engine location, but I think in any kind of wreck were that sort of force would be generated, it wouldnt have any problems ripping the traps loose...

Why don you use the motormounts from a 240 diesel they are an bolt on modefikation and are much stiffer

Morten

I used 164 mounts on my solid-mount 700. Direct bolt in. Much stiffer.

My setup on a volvo 240 With an b230 et engine and a m46 gearbox.
Engine mounts from an 240 diesel
gearbox mount. engine mount from a volvo 164.

its a bolt on, no modefikations, and a lot less engine rock.

Morten

Back