• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weber DCOE Fuel pump and FPR?

A little off topic, but I came across this as I was image surfing
165611450.jpg

Anybody wanna by a brand new set of weber DCOE 45s? :-P

This makes me feel in adult, mature ways. What a sick thing to make. Jesus.

Found a guy that is running a Carter electric fuel pump with a Weber 38DGAS. He said it runs great with that pump. I like how he mounted it in the stock location. Looks to be a 6-8 psi pump. Also it looks like you could use AN fittings if you wanted
165610747.jpg

http://www.jegs.com/i/Carter/180/P4600HP/10002/-1

They also have a 4-6 psi pump that may also work.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Carter/180/P4...f8kBArxRpFZZzsdkmCS86d0nibQQyjQW1GBoCjzHw_wcB

And they also sell a kit
http://www.jegs.com/i/Carter/180/P4070K/10002/-1
I had an identical set up. It overpowered the carbs, as John mentioned, the location wasn't great (even though it did look cool) and the pump is REALLY loud. Obnoxiously loud.

I had an identical set up. It overpowered the carbs, as John mentioned, the location wasn't great (even though it did look cool) and the pump is REALLY loud. Obnoxiously loud.
Good to know

I think I'm just going to go with what John v and Jared recommended.

I got one of the Facet pumps from NAPA, and I'm trying to figure out a place to put it. I haven't crawled under the car yet and looked, but I've been looking at some pictures online, and I'm thinking about mounting it here...
165960747.jpg

What do you guys think? It'd be slightly higher than the outlet coming out of the tank.

I got one of the Facet pumps from NAPA, and I'm trying to figure out a place to put it. I haven't crawled under the car yet and looked, but I've been looking at some pictures online, and I'm thinking about mounting it here...
165960747.jpg

What do you guys think? It'd be slightly higher than the outlet coming out of the tank.

That's close to where I mounted the Facet pump on this 1800. I used rivnuts since there's no access to the back side of that panel. It's close, but there is no contact with the suspension bits.

FacetPump1.jpg

FacetPump2.jpg

So I finally got the DCOEs installed.
166184285.jpg

166184283.jpg

166184281.jpg

I also decided to wrap my header
166184286.jpg

I ended up going with the Holley low pressure fuel pressure regulator hiperfauto suggested. It's small, cheap, and readily available. I took a block off plate for the stock fuel pump location and welded the bracket that came with the FPR to it. I thought it would be a good place for it.
166171754.jpg

166171767.jpg

166171755.jpg

166171748.jpg

166171746.jpg

166171753.jpg

166171744.jpg

I had bought a new fuel tank a while back and decided to install that too
166171758.jpg

166171750.jpg

166184277.jpg

166184275.jpg

Also decided to use the Facet low pressure fuel pump. I made a little bracket to mount it under the car, close to the gas tank. I bought a fuel pump relay kit to simplify the wiring.
166184278.jpg

166184272.jpg

166184274.jpg

166184276.jpg

166184279.jpg

I still need to finish up the fuel pump wiring, and the fuel lines to the pump and tank.

Clean set up, I like it. FWIW, I used my stock fuel line with a Holley pump (very similar to the one you use), it's a 25 GPH pump with 1-4 psi of pressure. I'm still running a FPR as a precaution.

I cut a section of my fuel line off and added the pump in that space. Be sure to run a filter before your pump as well, even with a new tank.

Yeah, I run a cheap filter in between the tank and the Holley I have mounted back by it, then another filter up in the engine bay before it gets tot he carbs.

That filter back by the tank gets all sorts of little rust bits, wouldn't want that stuff going through the pump.

The Facet pump has a built in, replaceable, filter. Think I should still run a filter before it?

Also my hard line is the only thing I didn't replace in the fuel system, but it looked very clean on the inside. I took a piece of clean white cloth and rubber banded it to the back end of the line. Then I sprayed some carb cleaner in the front of the line and blew that through with some compressed air. The cloth ended up pretty clean, so I decided to just keep the stock line. I just sprayed more carb cleaner, and compressed air trough.

So I got everything plumbed and wired up, but I decided to move the fuel pump from the original location. After pondering over the location I started to worry about the suspension impacting the pump. It seemed pretty close, and if it ever bottomed out I was worried it would hit. There seemed like a lot of room right in front of the tank to mount it, so I moved it. I'm much happier with this location.
166202079.jpg

166203682.jpg

It runs now, and there are zero leaks from any of the lines or fitting. I've got all the idle settings set, carbs are synced, and the Colortune shows a nice blue combustion in each cylinder. As I perfect my Weber carb stills I hope to get it tuned even better, but so far so

That's awesome! That's a good spot for the pump too, I use the same location. I mounted my relay in the butt cheek (it has rust issues and will eventually disappear) and I'm considering making a very basic shield since so much of my driving in Tucson is on dirt roads or roads with lots of gravel.

Back