• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Somender singhs groove theory tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be at the uk turbobricks summer party, then you can call all the uk members bs, i don't drive around at 800 rpm, it was to test claims made for the grooves, david thanks for the help but this guy is only posting to cause trouble, he has no interest in the grooves or any other new ideas, i wondered when when the kiddies would show up, why do you do it?, does it make you feel good to sit at your computer and rubbish ideas that you personally know nothing about, and don't try the " i know more than you cause i read about it two years ago" crap, you've only read what other people have written, could be complete crap for all you know, as I'VE said before, this could be complete crap, that's why i've always said, try it, i tell people to make their own minds up, why do you think this thread is successful?, it's not because of me, it's because there have been no people like you on here, us "hippies" have not slagged each other off, no-ones trying to score points to prove how good they are, just discussion on the merits or otherwise of MR singh's grooves, now why don't you go back to your "oh dear i've cross threaded a wheel nut" thread, yes yes we all know your the worlds greatest authority on nothing in particular, i tell you what, stick around, shut your gob and you might learn something, oops my mistake i forgot, you can't your stupid.

PetesDustyVolvo said:
I'm all for grassroots innovation

Les said:
he has no interest in the grooves or any other new ideas ... rubbish ideas that you personally know nothing about, and don't try the " i know more than you cause i read about it two years ago" crap

It was at like the top of some popular magazines 2 years ago and I read about and was like "dang thats kind of neat" ... then I waited for someone to test it empirically and nobody ever did...

Les said:
you've only read what other people have written, could be complete crap for all you know

... your point being??

Les said:
why do you think this thread is successful?, it's not because of me, it's because there have been no people like you on here, us "hippies" have not slagged each other off, no-ones trying to score points to prove how good they are

if you don't care about "points" then why do you care how "successful" your thread is... lol

Les said:
MR singh's grooves, now why don't you go back to your "oh dear i've cross threaded a wheel nut" thread, yes yes we all know your the worlds greatest authority on nothing in particular, i tell you what, stick around, shut your gob and you might learn something, oops my mistake i forgot, you can't your stupid.

Hey now, I NEVER EVER claimed to be an authority on anything. Look at my thread about headwork... I planned doing this work a long time ago. I referenced respected people's ideas and tried to pattern my work off of them. I never claimed to invent anything.

I collected spare heads until I had both one useless enough to practice on and one good enough to use on a hot motor. I think you and I have a lot in common even though you're an old dude from England and I'm less than half your age.

Hey look, I started a new PARAGRAPH.

I LIKE WHAT YOURE DOING. JUST DO SOME FREAKING TESTS. NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT YOUR STUPID UK MEET.

PetesDustyVolvo said:
It was at like the top of some popular magazines 2 years ago and I read about and was like "dang thats kind of neat" ... then I waited for someone to test it empirically and nobody ever did...

you mean quantitatively... empirical is what you have right now...

and a haiku....

somender's groovy
fluted majestic notches
combustion cutting.

740ATL said:
you mean quantitatively... empirical is what you have right now...

and a haiku....

somender's groovy
fluted majestic notches
combustion cutting.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/empirical said:
Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment

I said what i mean and I mean what i said

I want someone to tune their car for spark and fuel on the dyno with megasquirt. Then cut some bull**** into their squish pad, and then retune it and redyno...

Until then, I could give a **** about this thread. I'm done with this.
<cite></cite>

PetesDustyVolvo said:

I want someone to tune their car for spark and fuel on the dyno with megasquirt. Then cut some bull**** into their squish pad, and then retune it and redyno...

<cite></cite>

you didn't like my haiku?

PetesDustyVolvo said:

<cite></cite>

Damn dude! You are high maintenance! LOL All that just to make you care about the thread? What happens then?

but if the mod isn't designed to show HP improvements then what will a dyno really show? I suppose it could show a shift in the powerband? Changes in the AFR?

The point is that if you make too many changes you won't know if the improvements are from the grooves or other changes.

davidmacq said:
Damn dude! You are high maintenance! LOL All that just to make you care about the thread? What happens then?

then turbobricks will be the world's leading proponent of SSGT

Chris_R said:
but if the mod isn't designed to show HP improvements then what will a dyno really show? I suppose it could show a shift in the powerband? Changes in the AFR?

The point is that if you make too many changes you won't know if the improvements are from the grooves or other changes.

QUE?!?

Like the retuning? You'd think that would change things enough to screw the dyno. Where the knock threshold is, or exhaust test like you said would show more. Or mpg. Facts are some people do have empirical results. Things they can see. The ones that have done it. You won't get empirical till you try it. Dyno isn't gonna do nothing.

Retune and dyno. Well you are just testiing knock threshold in another way right? Trying to wring hp out of the mod. Different gas, different temps, and lots of other stuff probably will affect what you can get. The different squish, the different compression ratio. I don't see how you would ever be satisfied with a dyno if you give it some thought.

I mean, if someone retunes and goes more advance. Well someone should say the HP is from the advance! Then you gotta be trying to prove that the engine couldn't be running that amount of advance from the start. Couldn't maintain that tune.

So when some dude gets on the road and with same tune same **** everything, and says he can do X in 4th gear or something and he couldnt' before, that is empirical. lol

Your kind of empirical is like bars of gold in your hand. The grooves probably aren't ever gonna do 10 percent improvements in anything. Not without more boost, or more compression ratio, etc.

Last edited:
The SSGT is not, by itself, designed to improve horsepower, correct? It is designed to allow for better MPG and flame propogation and all that... Now you CAN take that improvement, shave the head, advance the timing, up the boost, etc. and make more power.

But the grooves in-and-of themselves don't make power... Or have I been at the computer too long today?

davidmacq said:
Like the retuning? You'd think that would change things enough to screw the dyno. Where the knock threshold is, or exhaust test like you said would show more. Or mpg. Facts are some people do have empirical results. Things they can see. The ones that have done it. You won't get empirical till you try it. Dyno isn't gonna do nothing.

Retune and dyno. Well you are just testiing knock threshold in another way right? Trying to wring hp out of the mod. Different gas, different temps, and lots of other stuff probably will affect what you can get. The different squish, the different compression ratio. I don't see how you would ever be satisfied with a dyno if you give it some thought.

Chris_R said:
The SSGT is not, by itself, designed to improve horsepower, correct? It is designed to allow for better MPG and flame propogation and all that... Now you CAN take that improvement, shave the head, advance the timing, up the boost, etc. and make more power.

But the grooves in-and-of themselves don't make power... Or have I been at the computer too long today?

you guys should read up on EFI and tuning for a few months and then come back and talk to me again, seriously, it'd be fun

Chris R is right.

You'd be stupid to think grooves alone would make an noticeable difference. Changing the compression ratio, boost or advance and getting more hp would prove what exactly?

'no, dude, you can do that cuz of the grooves! They let you do it!'

I think doing all of that to convince you would be a fools errand. Sounds right up your alley though. Maybe you should take that up. Pronto. haha

Your being a tool again. lol.

PetesDustyVolvo said:
How am I being a tool?
:uh:Here is how you are being a tool...

If you took the time to read the first post in this thread, you would see a link to another page. The first thing you see on this other page is
du dun dun...

Dyno Results

:owned:
but you probaly have a hard time wi
th that....
No I am not gonna post a link for your lazy ass.

745 TurboGreasel said:
Dyno Results

strange web page said:
ARAI Engine Development Lab performed Dyno testing on a 149cc Briggs & Stratton gasoline engine as part of our research efforts.

I've seen this before

flat2.jpg

:help::gulp::uh::nancy::barf:

strange web page said:
149cc Briggs & Stratton

if you guys read on the chevy dyno crap, he bumped the compression a full 1.2 points, and put grooves in the intake valves too

so, it's not fair to say that it makes that much power from the chamber grooves alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back