• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

California Dreamin?: Proper 16 valve build

honeylake

Picked up the car on New Year’s Day 2021. It had sat for about 10 years in a garage on the Northern California coast. Drove it 350 miles over the Sierras the next day to start the work. With a lot of help from a trio of Volvo wizards in Oregon, the build finished in 9 months.

5.3 with BTR stage 3 cam and fixins, full 3” back. All new interior, literally everything swapped out with some fun details. Suspension and brakes all brand new with all the IPD dressings. Sounds like a NASCAR on the outside, and a Lexus on the inside….sorta. Corrected and detailed the paint. Ready to go!

Last edited:
that $5.20 a gallon has to sting a little bit, I've been grumbling when it's over $4 here. I like the well matched trans temp gauge.

What accessory setup is that on the ls?

that $5.20 a gallon has to sting a little bit, I've been grumbling when it's over $4 here. I like the well matched trans temp gauge.

What accessory setup is that on the ls?

LSX Innovations if I remember correctly. The coil brackets are LSX Innovations and I think I got the accessories and alternator brackets from there also.

Absolutely love this build! Really neat and tidy especially the wiring!

Which headers are you using? Do you get any interference with the steering column/ uj?

Yeah, that is super neat and tidy. My turbo Ellis swap has wires and hoses running all over the place.

a5omU4gh.jpg

Absolutely love this build! Really neat and tidy especially the wiring!

Which headers are you using? Do you get any interference with the steering column/ uj?

Thanks!

Cast manifolds from STS/Summit Racing. Used all STS swap related parts including the steering shaft, and no interference.

Back