• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BBS RS 028/029 Tire Sizes

I just wanted to know based on my current offset and tire size, if the stock ferrari tire size would work with the new offset and wheel sizes.

The smaller option makes it look like the car is on skateboard wheels.

No offense, Mike.

how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

The new RT660 and the Yoko A052 are really the new "cheater tires" for the 200tw class from what I have been hearing.

R888Rs sound like you're driving a truck with mud tires on it and they get greasy fairly easily. Had them on my Elise and even in that they were a bit noisy.

glad you mentioned it, looks like the A052 are available in skateboard sizes and I'm buying tires in the Spring so will do some reading up. I do feel like I'll end up with a set of 17's someday just to open up my tire options, but any of the wheels I want are a ton of money so it's easy to put off for now.

Mike?s running 205/50R16 and 225/45R16. Bit shorter. Hence why I mentioned them being 17? sizes, Asher

Okay chief, you recommended 205/55-16s in a previous post which is why I mentioned it. The only reason to run taller tires like you are saying is because nothing else is available?245/40-17, 255/40-17, 255/265/275/30-18, etc. A 205/50-16 maintains factory size rolling diameter for a 240. You want skateboard wheel sizes? That?d be a 205/45-16 like I ran on the old ****ter 75. Running a taller tire than necessary (especially if you are doing it for a good reason like it being ton wider than stock), just means more headache and the tire running into the body more.

how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

glad you mentioned it, looks like the A052 are available in skateboard sizes and I'm buying tires in the Spring so will do some reading up. I do feel like I'll end up with a set of 17's someday just to open up my tire options, but any of the wheels I want are a ton of money so it's easy to put off for now.

For a 240, I feel that 17s are the sweet spot for normal sized performance tires…but even then, they are starting to become somewhat limited in sizes these days.

Back