• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Leivon's 242 project...ftw?

Leivon

Just thought I would share some pics of my current project car. 242 GLT n/a(B23E).

The rims are 16" and called Regulus. The tires are a really low profile because im a moron...205/40. The speedo is off by a lot because of this.

As it sits there isn't any real performance mods. The airbox has some holes in the front of it and I took out the middle muffler to replace it with a piece of pipe.

Suspension:
dual sways 21,21 up front and a single 23mm bar in the back from my GT. Back springs are from the GT and have not been altered. Fronts are the original springs that came with the car cut down 2 active coils.
CopyofIMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Flathood is from my gt but some of it got f'd up in my last accident so i had to cut some of it off the corner. If anyone has suggestions on how i should go about fixing it Im all ears.
IMG_0167.jpg

Prelude seats are in. I bought them over a year ago and had them in my wagon but I got in an accident with that and they sat in the car and got a nice thick layer of mold on them. It was gross.
Anyways, cleaned them up, redid the fabrication of the mounts so they are solid... I'm good to go!
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

One final shot...
IMG_0176.jpg

Future plans:
Convert from K-jet to Lh2.2 and turbo the car.(I have most of the parts needed waiting on a couple different odds and ends.) (No i wont have a turbo car for this years PNW meet, sorry guys)
Front springs from the GT. (cut down of course)
Paint the whole car Flat Black.
Tint- 5% back three windows.
S80 (or was it S60) e-fan.(already have that... thanks jordan)
Get John (TheAspirator) to teach me everything I need to know about MS and then run away scared, screaming like a little girl.
There is a 3" cat in the mail coming to me but I don't know if I am wanting the whole system 3". idunno.
Angry eyelids.
Cut bum-bum cheeks.

Updates will come as I get off my lazy ass and do things.

Looks good man. Like the wheels.... Cut the rear springs though. Use your wagon springs...

Great start man

Jordan

Looks good! I love those seats, glad you were able to clean 'em up!

We can Megasquirt it in, oh, 5 hours tops. We'll have to wait for snow, though. :-D

fiber glass or get a piece of metal welded in on that part of the hood.

but that dose look awsome!

I really like that color combo. Don't spend any money on anything until you get that rust fixed. The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets.

thanks for all the responses!

GTJordan said:
GT front air dam, also thanks to Jordan ;)

Jordan
Yes, that would be the one. and oh do i love it.

pwschuh said:
I really like that color combo. Don't spend any money on anything until you get that rust fixed. The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets.

For sure, good advice.
today will be devoted to rust killing and butt cheek cutting.

Wow looking good! I also really like the color of the car.. (although I suppose re-spray with that color would cost alot more).

If the back was a touch lower stance would be perfecto.. but everyone has their opinion on ride heights. Did you repaint the wheels? They look deadly.

Can't wait to see it in person!

Geoff240Ti said:
Wow looking good! I also really like the color of the car.. (although I suppose re-spray with that color would cost alot more).

If the back was a touch lower stance would be perfecto.. but everyone has their opinion on ride heights. Did you repaint the wheels? They look deadly.

Can't wait to see it in person!

the back... meh, to each there own... on level road i like the look of it... in those pictures its on the grass and kind of hard to tell how the stance is and such.

the wheels were painted before i got them. Bought them on here from DEM80240WGN.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year too. Are you coming out with the calgary guys on the friday night to my place?

Leivon

Leivon said:
Looking forward to seeing everyone this year too. Are you coming out with the calgary guys on the friday night to my place?

Leivon
I think so... i'll be following the Calgary guys around so if that's alright with you? I'll probably end up there as well!

updates...

Mesoam- I don't need anymore suck... i have enough on this car as it is.

My electric fan install went very well. Fiberglassed the **** out of it and bought all the proper wiring and relays. Thanks for that diagram John(aspirator) it helped a lot. The fan is from an S80. Im happy, but im pretty sure this is going to eat the brushes on my alternator.

here is a pic of the wiring
IMG_0191.jpg

And here is the fan installed
IMG_0196.jpg

I was reading a thread regarding cone filters or something and i ran across a pic of Towerys intake setup. From what i saw he used an intercooler pipe and the rubber hose clamp to attach it. Then has a piece of wire mesh to act as the filter. If it's good enough for him it'll sure as **** be good enough for me.

Note*- it drops down attaching to a stock NA plastic intake pipe that sticks out a little hole and is covered in wire mesh. Sounds really cool.
IMG_0241.jpg

I was out there 10 hours the last two days and roughly 14 today dealing with this rusty POS. The body still needs some final touches before paint tomorrow.

Here are a couple pics of the hood. It was just a rush job with fiberglass so it doesnt line up very well... Eventually Im probably going to buy a new flathood or redo the body work to this one.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Hopefully i have some pics up tomorrow of the car with it's first couple coats of paint.

Thanks for looking.
comments (good or bad) welcome

Leivon

haha, i actually meant you need to VACUME your car as the interior is dirty...

no sucking whatsoever

Back