• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Leivon's 242 project...ftw?

Adrian and James,
Oh my i took about 20 pics of the hood like that and those were the two that kept the imperfections hidden... trust me it's not so good haha.

Mesoam,
I know, i was trying to be funny? I got your joke but i guess the guys who quoted you didn't.

Thanks for the responses guys. Just finished sanding every bit of the car that i care to do before the PACNW meet. Mommy's making me some breakfast then it's time to paint.

pics to follow (not of my breakfast)

Leivon

Updates.

So the car is painted and ready for the PACNW meet.

Unmatched wheels are for the lose. Had a bit of a problem with my fourth Regulus rim on ebay and they shipped it out late.

The stance has a bit of a rake but you can't really notice because the huge cheap tires up front and the tiny 40 series tires in the back.
Enough with the talk, here are some pics:
IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

Got my exhaust put on
2.5" from the downpipe back to a single dynomax muffler in the rear. No cat. The sound is really loud but i expected that. Feels good to drive though. Nice throttle response.
IMG_0276.jpg

Thanks man.

the turbo and all its parts except some odds and ends i already have. *warning benchracing about to being* In a couple of weeks to a month i should be feeling boost.

Really, your car looks great man. Meg said it looks awesome. Do some wet sanding like Raz suggested and you'll be ballin'!

That exhaust is really loud, but a turbo will make it sound utterly perfect, you'll LOVE it then.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I understood the joke about the vacuum, i just thought it was funny to associate it with suck.
haha

Update:
My fuse holder for the E-fan busted the other day and i overheated. Luckyily i had a spare fuse and some electrical tape with me so i ghettoed it back together and limped home.

Glad to know you like the sound John, i was worried that it was too loud and when turbo time comes around it'll be even louder. Good to know it'll be soundin' poifect.

Gonna do some wetsanding and post up some more pics in a couple days or so...

stay tuned.

Leivon

Hope you didn't overheat too badly! What caused it to break? Like I said before the plastic 30 amp relay that I'm using to power my S80 fan melted yesterday, so make sure you plan an upgrade there too. I noticed that Digikey has 70amp automotive relays. Right now I'm using a power lock relay, woot!

RE the exhaust, yes a turbo ALWAYS quiets things down a whole lot. With an N/A car you can pretty much hear every single exhaust pulse and it tends to sound raspy up top. But when you gather all the exhaust pulses together and wrap them around a turbine wheel, it really cleans up the sound and gives it a much smoother and quieter tone. You'll love teh sound.

I didn't overheat at all really, i just saw the temps rising a lot higher than they should and didn't notice the volt drop when the fan is supposed to kick in... pulled over... waited... checked to see that the fuse was blown because the case was cracked. It's actually been doing fine with the second fuse and the taped up case. I'll bring the case back and see if i can get a new one for free. It broke because i didn't secure it down and it was moving around and probably smashed into the battery or the back of the headlight.

Im very tempted to take her off the road and do the turbo thing right now. I have the intercooler and all it's piping, Injectors, proper intake mani, lh 2.2 wiring harness and a spare lh 2.0 wiring harness, an amm, turbo 2.2 computer, turbo and manifold, stock downpipe.

The only things missing are: fuel and oil lines, resistors for the injectors, some fitting to tee off the oil feed and oil pressure sender, and uhhh, oh figuring the best way to run my return line and getting the proper parts.

This is just some late night rambling, no pics with this post, sorry.

Yeah dood, lets do it. It is time for you to enjoy the wonderful world of boost. Tell you what though, this friday we should go to the track and you can time your car N/A. Then we'll boost it and come back in a few weeks and see the REAL improvements.

Resistors are easy, find a junkyard and snag them from a turbo 700/900. They look like 4 cigs strapped together and I think are by the battery. Oil feed is easy, fittings for it too, Lordco will have that junk. The only tough part is the oil drain, but even that can be simplified:
1. Figure out how you're going to drain the oil back into the block (pan or block)
2. Do it.

Pan would be easiest and I think it would work well for you, just make sure to get it as close to the top as you can fit. I can come over and bring my welder when you're ready. I'll help ya look the car over and we'll figure out a "to-buy" list, then we'll go buy all the little stuff. Yeah, lets do that. I *might* be able to spare a day this week, how bout I come over friday morning, we'll do this, then head to the track? You need boost man, it is time.

John

DO EEEEET yet? How about the track? You guys go there yet? I haven't really been on TB much at all lately...

Updates

Well... I've been a member since 2003 and i finally feel as though i belong completely. I have taken my bricking to the next level. I feel boost and i like it. I like it very much. None of you want to read a bunch so ON WITH THE PICS!..

Sad engine: Hey kid, boost me!
Leivon: ok B23E, you got it.
CopyofIMG_0482.jpg

Spider in my toolbox: Im scary and i like to drink blood.
Leivon: Well this is brake cleaner it's kinda like blood. Here ya go!
IMG_0501.jpg

Pile-O PlusT: Leivon, put us in your car, this ground is dirty like your last girlfriend.
Leivon: Coming right up pile-O plusT.
CopyofIMG_0497.jpg

Oil Pan: John(theaspirator) did a really good job welding me. Now make me sexy looking.
Leivon: White paint maybe?
Oil Pan: That's so rice, but as long as you don't paint me yellow im cool with it. *Ahem ricer *ahem.
Leivon: What's that?
Oil Pan: Nothing, nothing. I think you're hearing things.
Leivon: **** you oil pan.
CopyofIMG_0509.jpg

Oil Feed Lines: Man, what the ****... that water is boiling... why are you? AHHHHHHHH!11ONE!!
Leivon: If you would make sweet love to the fittings i wouldn't have to do this.
Oil Feed Lines: AHHHHHHHHHHHH
CopyofIMG_0525.jpg

Leivon: See guys, that wasn't so bad. Now you all fit together.
Oil Feed Lines: ... ... ...
Leivon: Guys? GUYS!!??
CopyofIMG_0526.jpg

Leivon: Perogies with ketchup and bacon bits are delicious.
Perogies: Dude, you're totally eating us man. This is not cool.
CopyofIMG_0531.jpg

One final shot i just took tonight. It doesn't really show how low the front actually is and it's blurry but if it's nice I'll take some pics tomorrow or something, and I'll snap some engnie bay pics.
CopyofIMG_0565.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Next on the list... Suspension and brakes to handle the fierce power of the PlusT, respect.

Leivon

Ohh man that was freaking hilarious! Perogies w/ bacon bits FTW.

Kyle we did go to the track before the +T but chicken legs up there didn't have a battery tie down and I know the tech lines would have kicked him in the nuts so we decided not to run his car. It's unfortunate too cause it went from a normal fairly slow N/A (all N/A's are slow, haha) to a QUITE QUICK TURBO BRICK!

Back