• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adrian's '78 245 DL+16v

76_orange.jpg

Doooo eeet!

Looks like I'm going with chalkboard base + hello kitty tag. booyah.

New downpipe is tacked together & up, tomorrow I'll hopefully get most if not all of the welds finished after work, and with luck I'll be back out on the road this weekend to get a sweet tune in.

Other news: tentative OK on an event. Link to follow shortly.

Scrapes getting out of my driveway but fixed 99% of the exhaust leaks and spools faster. :zeeall: There's a few more but they're easily fixable. Also reconnected my catch can. Preliminary part-throttle ****ing around looks like I'll have full boostus by ~3000.

My wideband sensor is dead, I need one literally yesterday, anybody know of the cheapest and quickest place to find a Bosch LSU that'll work with my PLX wideband?

Vids as soon as I can get some tuning time, it's been thunderstorming here (in the PNW? :wtf:) so I was only able to sneak out of the garage for a few minutes this evening just to make sure it spools, doesn't catch on fire, etc.

First autocross on next Sunday, not a whole lot of time to take it from something that can't accelerate without bogging, then pinging, then bogging some more to something that can hustle around some cones pretty quickly. FML.

T minus 5 days.

- new wideband's in, reads super lean at idle even though the noseband reads rich, but is normal everywhere else.
- Rewired a bunch of the charging system, now have a nice solid 13-14v.
- still stumbles getting into boost, but is getting way closer. Been using TunerStudio's autotune, is working pretty well.
- I need to clean up the wiring and fix a nasty oil leak on the turbo return, or figure out a jedi mind trick to pass tech.
- Going to weld up a third engine mount today after work, the one I was using N/A wants to occupy the same spot as the wastegate, so it won't work.
- holy **** people rubbberneck at big surge, almost as much as barking a flame out the wastegate, which is most assuredly pointing straight up out the hood.
- hoopt is too low with the 15s, scrapes if you look at it wrong. obviously this means it only runs the 18"s henceforth.

Your reasoning skills are solid, have you considered being a lawyer?

aaaaaactually if I were ever going to go back to school it would be for lawyerin', mostly because I yearn for a good argument.

The world ends the day Adrian becomes a lawyer...

I'll let you know shortly before I take the bar so you can go get as much strange as possible. Speaking of which, is your special delivery still on schedule, and is everybody holding together?

tumblr_l0n60th9yi1qzolu5o1_500.jpg

DORIFTO MODE ENGAGE

It runs, it boosts, the verdict is: slow, pig rich, and not enough timing. In other words, wayyyy too safe. I'll be fixing that tonight. :-)

Back