• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My other 242 (Machiavelli)

We already pretty much have the wiring sorted. I'll let Big Lan field any questions on that, since it is definitely not my area of expertise... :-P

What's the advantage on the injectors? I already have some clean greentops pretty much ready to go in. I think I am covered for parts (knock on wood) except if I (God forbid) need a stock 740 cat......

My guess is that the 850T injectors have better flow than the greentops. With respect to the cat, just get a 2.5" unit that'll fit in the stock non-turbo 240 location and that's CARB certified, and have the stock 240T downpipe modded to have a straight pipe where the original cat was.

With respect to this weekend, is the weather going to be decent? If yes, then work on it and get as much as you can out of the way. You'll be a lot happier.

I take it you've drained the tank of all old gas, right? That'd be one good thing to get done. Probably spray the drain plug with some PB Blaster and let that soak overnight before you loosen it.

-J

Orange tops are high-Z and will drop right in with no resistor pack needed.

Depends on if he got a 740 engine harness or not. I had to add a resistor pack to mine when I did it because I had a harness from a 760. As far as the wiring harness goes, just use what you have if it's in good shape. I had no problems on my car using a 7 series harness.

When I did my swap, I used a chrysler turbo air box because of it's compact size. I used the TAC flapper from a 240 turbo airbox.

As far as the cat goes, I think they'll be looking for the cat for the CAR not the engine, as stupid as it seems. I was lucky enough to go through this process before they changed the cat restrictions, so my universal 3" cat worked. Tell them that you swapped the whole engine from a 740 and that it's a 2.3 even if it isn't. When I ref'd mine, I had a b230ft short block and a kjet 398 head with the injectors in place and the stock lines clipped off just to plug the holes.

Logan, ditch that 740 wiring and get an '88 240 harness. You need it to look as stock and un-hacked as possible.
We're actually using his super-brand-new (and super expensive) existing replacement LH2.0 harness, and I'm splicing in the EZK stuff from the 740. Gonna ziptie the EZK box to the LH harness. Hacked, yeah kinda, but it keeps the wiring short. Got it mostly sorted, I think, but since there isn't one cohesive thread about a K-jet/LH2.0/2.2/+EZK conglomeration, it's been a little overwhelming.

On that note, does anybody have any suggestions about installing the coolant temp sensor? Do we really need to tap the block, and if so, where and with what thread?

Are you using LH 2.0 then?
We're going 2.2.
If you plan to use a 2.0 harness w/ 2.2, you're in for a ****load of hacking.
Given what I've gleaned from the LH2.0->2.2 thread, and what I've gotten done so far, it shouldn't be that big a deal. What is is gathering all the pertinent info for this particular swap, which, as best as I can tell, is a unique one. If it were a B230, it'd be a little easier.

Speaking of which, if anybody happens to have any opinion on the LH2.2 coolant temp sensor and its placement in a B21, don't be shy.

When I did my swap, I used the block drain hole. You'll have to make/buy an adapter that goes from 3/8" NPT to 12x1.5.

You guys are using the complete b21ft?

Speaking of which, if anybody happens to have any opinion on the LH2.2 coolant temp sensor and its placement in a B21, don't be shy.

I put mine in where the K-jet thermal time switch went.

And the LH 2.0 harness and LH 2.2 harness have totally different pinouts. Lotta wire swapping you'll have to do. I'd just sell it and get a 2.2 harness, anything else and you're just overcomplicating things for yourself. Sure, it may still not be difficult, but then there's the whole reliability issue. I dunno, maybe I'm just OCD about such things...I don't like hacking things up.

Last edited:
Using Lh2.2 ecu and amm, is not really that much of a hackjob... lol

If you say so. I was advised NOT to attempt a swap to LH2.2 using an LH2.0 harness by Dave Barton, the Harness Guru himself. :e-shrug:

Anyway, the thread pitch for the thermal time switch was not different. The 2.2 ECT sensor threaded right in.

If you say so. I was advised NOT to attempt a swap to LH2.2 using an LH2.0 harness by Dave Barton, the Harness Guru himself. :e-shrug:

Anyway, the thread pitch for the thermal time switch was not different. The 2.2 ECT sensor threaded right in.

and I actually did it. And nothing changed. it's 8 or 10 ten wires. and swap out the ECU.

I personally had no issues.

(fige)

You guys are using the complete b21ft?
Yeah baby.
I guess we'll see what happens. Worst case scenario, we burn the car down...

:lol:

I don't think it's going to be an issue. I've been comparing the wiring diagrams between the two the whole time (the Bentley's really fun to read in that regard...), and it all seems to be pretty much copacetic.
Nice to hear that. Easy enough to try, and if it doesn't work, then Logan gets to buy yet another part.

Omg, Logan... how many cars has he been through since then? I remember seeing the beauty at Burger Ball. Don kept that car so clean and so did Logan. Does he still have the red car and the parts?

Back